Ålesund jobs

Hey!

currently, I´m willing to relocate to Norge (from Czech rep.), and I chose city of Ålesund for living, because of its beauty and great fish industry reputation and therefore plenty of jobs, hopefully. And that´s the point-what´s your opinion or personal experience about chances to find some job up there in person directly on site? I have some experience with labour work, but mainly with small management, corporate office and retail store work since I graduated. I guess it´s quite impossible to get some qualified job without norwegian language skills. Although I´ve already started to learn, it´s just impossible to communicate with that in basic day to day situations now, even less professional. So I´m looking mainly for labour work opportunities at the moment.

Thanks a lot for any thoughts and advice

Hi Creek !

Better have a view first, on forums -
A long search / enquiry  on each forums and under-forums you'd be interested in for your project -
then, try to formulate special questions so that people coud provide an answer.
Look especially on recommandations people said about the "order" / the hierarchy of "how can you manage an expat project.?" - learn bokmal ... set a net of frinds / contacts in Norway - try to find a job contract - find a place to live when arrival is planned.

Good luck Creek !

Hi,

thanks a lot for your advice. I went through many forums and websites, but haven´t found out anything about how tough is to find job directly on spot (Alesund) without any job offer before arrival. I didn´t realize the question is not specific enough to get proper answer, probably I hoped that I´ll find someone who did it same way. Well, it´s tough, I suppose :) But I´m determined to try it anyway.

Thanks again

Tomas

Finn.no has lots of job listings, but you'll see they are primarily in Norwegian.

These are the listings in the region where Ålesund is. Even if there are no jobs that are relevant to you now, it's a way to see what companies are operating in the area and are hiring.

http://www.finn.no/finn/job/fulltime/re … amp;sort=0

:joking:

Hi !

Is it difficult to find an apartment in Alesund ? between 6000 TO 8000 NOK ?

How long have you been there yet ?

Thank you for you reply

Louis

Louis LE BERRE wrote:

Is it difficult to find an apartment in Alesund ? between 6000 TO 8000 NOK ?

here are the Finn advertisements for rental properties in Ålesund

http://www.finn.no/finn/realestate/lett … eaId=20282