Nursing jobs in Norway

Guys,can someone help me find or assist with finding a nursing job in Norway.

Ottom wrote:

Hei,

I can only give you info about the health system up here where i live,its maybe different down south,but up here (Finnmark) you would have to have at least basic Norwegian language skills,problem is that although the young and most of the middle age groups speak English the old dont,good luck

Chris

Seems like there are lots of nursing jobs in Norway, especially in rural areas (just from talking to friends)

Sarafima wrote:

Seems like there are lots of nursing jobs in Norway, especially in rural areas (just from talking to friends)

Thats true,i know for a fact that the hospital up here have recruited from Sweden and Finland,Swedish as we know is very similar to Norwegian and most Fins speak Swedish so it works out well for both party`s

Hi Sarafima,
What is the way forward then,if any?

hi i would like to know how to apply as nurse in norway. currently im in denmark and can speak danish

Hi,
To be able to work as a nurse in Norway, you will have to learn the language to a competent level. You might have to take a language test, but that might have changed now. If you're not authorised as a nurse here, get in contact with the authorisation office to find out what you will need to do.
safh.no/english/index.html

Once you are an authorised nurse, it depends which part of the country you want to work in as to what sort of jobs there are. But if you can read norwegian, you can find a lot of jobs on finn.no
There are always lots of jobs in district nursing and nursing homes, and a lot of agencies always looking for people.

Good luck!
Melanie

Hi there, I am a Registered British Nurse living here in Hamar Norway...I have lived in Norway 6years and have had authorisation from the Norwegian Health Personell since 2005.

The biggest problem I have had working here is the language both written and spoken and ofcourse its essential that you are competent to a good standard in both to prevent any big misundertandings which could result in very serious consequences.

The other problem I have encontered is the different dialects from people who come from the different areas in Norway and other Scandanavian countries, I have worked with nurses from Swededn and doctors from denmark and although Norwegian have some problems understanding them they generally can undertsand most what is being said however as a foreigner I have found it a big problem.

I worked for the last three months in a elderly home and found communication very difficult with both patients and staff, I also found that communication was even more difficult in stressful situatins however that is just my experience.

I am now going to work in the Nursing home but as an extra funded by the Govt so I can build up my language and my nursing skills because it was a while since I had last worked.

However the salary is great and the working conditions are very different from the UK. I found that most people were very willing to help. Nurses are treated very differently to what I experienced in the UK and generally apart from the language problem I have enjoyed working as a nurse here.

I hope this has helped and I wish you good luck.

Kindest Regards
Maria

Hi again Ottom, there are lots of medical agencies on the internet based in Oslo and ofcourse try Adecco which is situated in most towns around Norway. You can find Adecco on the web.
Regards
Maria

I am also a nurse as is my girlfriend.  We are currently in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and are thinking of moving abroad.  I have heard that nurses are in demand in Norway.  I primarily have experience in the psych field.  I only have a diploma and not a bachelors degree.  Can anyone give me any advice or tips?  Are there any other resources where I should look for information?  Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Ottom wrote:

Hai am an Indian female nurse with 16 yrs experience can get s nursing job in Norway

Kindly consider my application
Thanks

I know it's not nursing but anyone got any tips on doctor jobs in norway? I'm learning Norwegian at the moment but am no way fluent and plan to send off my paperwork to safh next week. I'm moving to Norway in August to be with my Norwegian boyfriend. Good luck to you all :) it's reassuring to hear other health professionals who have managed it :)

Hi Sarah, in addition to getting authorisation from safh, to practise as a doctor in Norway you need to pass the Bergens test level of Norwegian. Nurses are required to be at level 3 and take the Bergens test if they want to take additional study at High school which is the equivalent of University in Norway.

You can find out more about this test if you go to folkeuniversitet.no and look under languages.

Kind regards
Maria

thanks for the advice thats really useful :)
I better get studying then! My plan is to try get a research position first whilst I learn norwegian better, so heres hoping! :) good luck to everyone!

can someone help me find a part time job in norway im a nurse in profession..but im willing to do any work i mean i can easily adjust//tnx...God bless

Hi beirent!

I would suggest you to post an advert in the Norway jobs section.
It might help!

Regards
Armand

Basically all European countries and the US need qualified nurses. The standard now is Bachelor of Nursing, plus, of course, knowledge of the spoken language in the country you wish to work in. Norway is no different from other countries with regards dialects, so a good knowledge of the language is paramount. The problem is that most Norwegians speak excellent English, so learning Norwegian in Norway isn't that easy, unless you are very strict with people and forbid them to speak English to you. Norway is a great place to live, but remember although minimum wage for Nurses is around £ 40.000,- p.a. it is a VERY expensive place to live. Survival on a single wage is not easy, if, in addition you have children things can get even more expensive. Housing varies from area to area, but generally the further North you go the cheaper it is.

Good Luck,

Paul

I found this guide to coming to Norway to work as a nurse. Thought it might be of interest:

http://norwegiancourse.no/complete-guid … to-norway/

hei silver di dove sei dal italia ciao dal verona

In English please Lena buju!;)

(moderated: pls post your ad in the jobs section)

hello everyone,

im moving to norway by july, 2013. so i am wondering if anybody can help me out with finding work? i am a registered nurse but i can do a care worker job as well. im waiting for my safh though. but temporarily, i can be a health care assistant whilst i learn the language.

thank you for your help!

Armand wrote:

Hi!

I would suggest you to post an advert in the Norway jobs section.
It might help!

Regards
Armand

;)

i like norway

ciao ragazzi ,qualcuno puo aiutare a trovare un posto di lavoro io sono una infermiera al inizio aceto qulsesi lavoro ,esperienza lavorativa in casa di cura 14 anni.

Hello buju lena -> Could you please post in english on this English Speaking forum? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi
I am 45 years old a registered nurse willing to work as a home care /nurse in nursing home cause Im still learning Norwegian language  in Philippines by own means . I have  master in nursing and I am willing to work in Norway , right now Im waiting for my visa residence permit to learn Norwegian language
if you could pls. refer me  for a family who needs home carer or in njursing home , I would be willing to work when i reached in oslo norway so that i would have job right away for my expenses while studying Norwegian language 
Thanks
Hope

hi i am looking a job in Norway,Denmark ,Switzerland i am a nurse by professions but i am willing to work and to learn the language its me Lilian Dumpit of Quezon City ,Philippines

Hello LILIAN2357 -> You should post an advert in the Jobs in Norway section. It could help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi I am a registered nurse from Phils and gained 4years experience in a nursing home in Singapore. Currently holding a visa of an au pair here in Norway which will expired next year. But planning to continue as a nurse here if given an opportunity to exercise my profession. Im attending norskkurs and could comprehend basic Norsk; my authorization to practice from SAK is under processing. Would there be any possibilities for me to get a nursing job after my au pair visa? Thank you:)

Hai friends, Myself Robin. And l m new to expat.l have registered with expat because I like to work as a staff nurse in Norway. I don't know how to get a job. But I hope you people assist me getting a job. Presently l m in lndia. Please help. Or become a sponsor. God bless you.

Robin Madavana wrote:

Hai friends, Myself Robin. And l m new to expat.l have registered with expat because I like to work as a staff nurse in Norway. I don't know how to get a job. But I hope you people assist me getting a job. Presently l m in lndia. Please help. Or become a sponsor. God bless you.

Please be aware Norway deports 14,000 ilegals per year. Im not implying that you are just asking anyone not known to you to act as a sponsor could be considered illegal and get you and your sponsor in trouble or deported.

http://www.norway.ph/embassy/Back-up/vi … 1fyxle2rIU

Letter of invitation and a copy of the passport of the person inviting. If the person inviting is not a Nordic citizen, a copy of the most recent Residence Permit in Norway must be submitted.

The invitation must contain information about the purpose of your visit. It should therefore contain complete and relevant information about the person extending the invitation, the invited person and their relationship to each other (including information about any family relationship), along with the purpose of the stay to be covered by the visa. The invitation should also state whether the person extending the invitation is also standing as a financial guarantor for the applicant.

NB: When applying for a visa to visit a family member, the invitation letter should come from the biological family member in Norway, not from the Norwegian husband, etc. (the guarantee form may be filled in by the Norwegian husband, etc).

NB: When applying for a visa to visit boyfriend / girlfriend, the invitation should also give details of how much time the parties have spent together (dates, places, etc). This should be documented by copies of stamps in the sponsor's passport. If the parties have spent time together outside the Philippines (e.g. Holiday in Singapore), copies of both parties' passports should be submitted.

Sponsors in Norway are advised to read the Information on Visa practice before inviting anyone to Norway (in Norwegian only).

I got a rejection from SAK for sykepleier autorisasjon. I have bachelor of nursing from Nigeria. I was however told to apply for admission into university or college and apply for exemption from some of the courses. Has anyone received the same response from SAK and eventuelt fått fritak ie. got exemption.
Thanks

Yes, this happens to a lot of people, also Norwegians who have studied abroad.
If you are accepted in a Norwegian nursing school, you can try to get "fritak" from the courses that are very similar to the ones you have. However, you can not be sure that you will get this before you are admitted.
You also need a quite high level of Norwegian language to get a job afterwards.

It's quite difficult. I am considering Bergenstest as an option but it is not likely that I will pass it just on a sitting. Is it possible to prepare for this under a month. Can't continue with voksenopplæring bcos of a month old baby. Thank you.

You might already have this, but this is a useful site for people who get a rejection from SAK.

norwegiancourse.no/complete-guide-for-nurses-relocating-to-norway/

Do you already speak some Norwegian?

Ja, jeg kan bare litt norsk. Thank you so much. I can't see the link yet. It is still under review. I need every assistance I can get. Thank you

and I want this

you need to learn how to speak norwegian first. it doesn't matter if you are well educated when it comes to health and service.
Working language in Norway is Norwegian unless you work with Java development, IT or construction work. If you're going to work with customers or patient you have to learn how to speak Norwegian.
You can either apply for health and social services at school and have a Norwegian course on the side for free. or you can skip all the schooling and have a norwegian course, which I believe costs 180 for 3 hours. And if you have a paper that proves that you have a degree in nursing you can start as a ''lærling'' and thats for 2 years i think and you can move on to having a job as a nurse.