Car accident.

Dear friends, yesterday while driving on makkah road near takhasusi all of a sudden a taxi in front of me stops for passenger, i tried to put brake and could not,my car  and i hit his bumper. when called najm he gave me  paper and told me to go for repair day after tomorrow.
will any on please tell me step by step what to do now? how to get the repair done?i dont speak arabic and its first time such things happened to me.
Thanks

sambaqri wrote:

Dear friends, yesterday while driving on makkah road near takhasusi all of a sudden a taxi in front of me stops for passenger, i tried to put brake and could not,my car  and i hit his bumper. when called najm he gave me  paper and told me to go for repair day after tomorrow.
will any on please tell me step by step what to do now? how to get the repair done?i dont speak arabic and its first time such things happened to me.
Thanks

Hi,

Sorry to hear that and thanks god there is no injuries, the answer depends on what type of coverage you have in your insurance policy, either way the procedure is almost the same, take the Najm report to your insurance office, then you will have to get three estimates from three different shops, and take the car to the shop of your choice or whatever your insurance suggests.

In case your coverage is a liability not a comprehensive, you are going to pay out of your pocket, and in that case all you need is Najm report and get the car fixed, language will not be an issue, but I can help you with that if necessary.

Most likely Najm report fond the accident is  100% your fault (Just assuming) but some times the other driver may contribute to the accident which will reduce your contribution, the report will show that.

First step is to go to your insurance office.

Good Luck.

Thanks of the reply, i have Sanad plus and i am covered, the najam told me thats its my fault as i hit on the back,very starnge, as the Taxi guy pulled over in the middle lane of the road.do i need to visit any branch of tawuniya ?

sambaqri wrote:

Thanks of rthe reply, i have Sanad plus and i am covered, the najam told me thats its my fault as i hit on the back,very starnge, as the Taxi guy pulled over in the middle lane of the road.

Yep, Taxi drivers here are something, never drive behind them or in front of them either.

Since your are covered jut visit any Tawaniya office and take it from there, they may offer to fix the car in their shop, which is time consuming, and you can ask to fix it in shop of your choice as mentioned above.

Good Luck.

sambaqri wrote:

...the najam told me thats its my fault as i hit on the back,very starnge, as the Taxi guy pulled over in the middle lane of the road...

I believe its the law in most countries of the world. If someone hits from behind, it's his fault. According to law, the driver must always keep ample distance that in case of sudden breaks he can avoid the crash.

My 2 cents...

Dear,

we are here.....

what about you car insurance ? double side or single ?

Sanad plus is comprehensive coverage (Double Side).

Thanks a lot

true, but should be a law for these taxies as well. they stop everywhere without seeing anything but the client.!!

its sanad plus,

Thanks a lot