Joining as a Forex Manager in Oman

Hi everyone,
I have been recently offered a Branch Manager position for a forex company in Oman for RO350 + 50 for overtime. I would request you to advise about if I will be able to send money back home if i live on a minimalistic lifestyle.

Looking forward on your expert advises from local friends out there!

Have a great evening ahead!

Hi sethi86nikhil,

Accommodation wold be your single biggest expense.

If your company is providing you with accommodation you can save about 75% of your monthly income - given your lifestyle.

Please read the numerous posts under the Cost of Living topic.

You will get all the information which you are seeking.

Thank you for your reply Sir. Though I had an intution that you would be the first one to reply. I have gone through various blog under cost of living section but it is still very confusing. Also if I join this do they provide increments on yearly basis, do they have any kind of corporate rule in oman. Also after 02 years would I be able to get a better paying job with same or other company?

In Oman, increments in the private sector are rare and very nominal amounts. And you cannot jump jobs within Oman unless your present employer is willing to give you a release which is also rare.

sethi86nikhil wrote:

Thank you for your reply Sir. Though I had an intution that you would be the first one to reply. I have gone through various blog under cost of living section but it is still very confusing. Also if I join this do they provide increments on yearly basis, do they have any kind of corporate rule in oman. Also after 02 years would I be able to get a better paying job with same or other company?

Hi sethi86nikhil,

As per the Ministry of Manpower rules, every organisation must necessarily give all its employees a minimum of 3% of the basic amount as increment in salary. Using this rule, most companies get away by providing its employees just that, and no more !

Once you join, you cannot shift jobs, unless you have the company's NOC. No company would give any of its employees an NOC unless they are winding up for good, since if an NOC is given, then the company loses its clearance from their allotted quota.