Average salary for foreigners in Hospitality Industry

Hi,

I just received an offer from a hotel in Oman for a position of Reservation Agent offering me OMR 200.- per month, accommodation, meals on duty and health insurance for free. Is it a good offer or shall I try to negotiate a higher salary ? If I should, how much do you think I could expect ?

Thank you everyone !

Pulmex wrote:

Hi,

I just received an offer from a hotel in Oman for a position of Reservation Agent offering me OMR 200.- per month, accommodation, meals on duty and health insurance for free. Is it a good offer or shall I try to negotiate a higher salary ? If I should, how much do you think I could expect ?

Thank you everyone !

OMR 200 is not considered to be an acceptable salary (These days).

However, yes, you can survive with this amount with few savings, provided your accomodation/utilities are taken care by the employer.

Pulmex wrote:

Hi,

Thank you everyone !

Hi there!

I'm from the hospitality industry and the offer is fine for a reservation agent, wait staff of 5* hotels gets only RO 120/- per month. Does the hotel give service charge? Any idea how much? There are good hotels who gives service charge up to OMR 250/- per month on a peak season.

However there is no harm in asking for more, nothing to lose.

I am expecting US$1000 equivalent  350 OMR for my category as Home Nurse. I was in Abu Dhabi for same category and salary for 3 years. Do you think is this posible in Oman?