Cost of living in Rwanda

Hi everybody,

It would be very useful to talk about the cost of living in Rwanda.

Don't forget to mention where in Rwanda you are living.

How much does it cost to live in Rwanda?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub

> price of the cinema

Do not hesitate to add items to this list!

Thanks in advance for your participation!!

need living expenses
traveling
hotel
accommodation
foods

hello,

pls someone from rwanda answer to thejamax's post. helping hands are better than speaking words - mother teresa.

[empty post]

My answers below.

I am living in Kigali.

How much does it cost to live in Rwanda?

> accommodation prices : It depends on the area and the size of the house. Between USD 500 to USD 3000. But be ready to pay
a lot if you want a nice house with some nice furniture.

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...) Sorry  there but there is no tube here. Bus is quite cheap and taxi motos are effective and cheap.

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you? Once again, it depends. Most of the food is imported from Kenya and Uganda. Food can be very expensive here. For ex, a can of coca light costs 1 USD.

health prices (for those who need medical insurance) sorry I don't know but will keep you updated.

> eduction prices (if you need to pay) No idea

> energy prices (oil, electricity)You pay electricity in advance (credits). I have to check how much it costs

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone) Internet is widely spread. MTN has a good service. Have a look a their website, same for phone. You can get DSTV but for a nice bouquet be ready to pay around USD 120 per month.
> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub Beer is nice Mutzig is the local beer and costs approx 1,5 USD.

> price of the cinema USD 2

dear Melissal and friends.

how much do I have to pay for a room with a bathroom in it / a house with a room ( just a small house for a single girl :):) ) per month or per year???

hmm.. it might out of this topic, but I want to know about visa for working there.
thank youu ;)