Newbie from KSA

Just got her from Taiwan where I was working for more than 6 years. I'm adjusting to the culture shock right now but slowly getting acquainted with my new "lifestyle."  If anyone knows of any meet-up groups in Jeddah one of you "Jedi" please let me know and me and my work mates might fly over there providing someone can guide us to the right place when there. We live in a remote town in a remote province (Jizan) near the Yemeni border. We don't have compounds.  A compound would seem like a resort to us. Anyway, the nearest city is several hundred kilometers away (Jeddah) but some of us are willing to fly there if somebody there can organize something. Dont hesitate to contact me.  THanks.

Welcome to Expat-blog, Dave-KSA :)

Your discussion has been redirected to the Saudi Arabia forum for effective communication and networking.

Members are highly active in this forum and soon you will receive a reply from members, of that i am convinced.

Regards,
Sheetul

Thank you very much.  This website is confusing and I may have posted in the wrong forum.Every time I post something it gets re-directed to somewhere else. I guess if I come here often I'll figure it out. Thanks again.
Dave

Welcome back dave! :D

so its Jedi's your after. hehehe..

why not think about coming to Riyadh? theres usually action goin on around that part of this desert.. ;)

Salman

and good luck with the Jedi's.

Gee, thanks for the info and I guess if both cities are far away (which they both are) it makes as much sense to fly to Riyadh as Jeddah. I'll keep an eye on the postings about any meet-ups for either city. There's still the problem of getting vectored into the actual location of the meet-up as I'm not familiar with either city. I would be making the "pilgrimage" from Jizan--a remote backwater at the edge of the Kingdom, near Yemen. I'll provide my phone number here if anyone organizes a meet-up. If it's not appropriate to give phone info here, then sorry to Admin and you can delete the post. ph 0534125386. A few of my work mates are game, too, but we don't want to get on a plane and just blindly go there on any given weekend without a specific meet-up being held.
dave

hey i like your star wars refrence for a jeddawins,i might not be able to arrange something in jeddah but im in riyadh if u need anything just pm me.

Thanks for the kind offer. If I need anything just let you know, huh. Hmmmmm....what do I need?.....muahahahahaha(evil laugh)

i hope whats in your mind isn't perverted or anything.
(Man maybe jizan can really change people)