Anyone lives in Al-Baha???

is anyone live in Al baha now or recently?
I would like to have an idea before I reach there in few months...
;-)

Hi Om Rydan

Just i came from there on 10th of august . My family is there and i live now in the east of saudia . do you know where will you come in ALBAHA ? Because there are baljurashi city . ALAQEEQ city . albaha city . then i can give you more information about mall . apartment ....etc

@ Lexus...how far away from each other are those citys and/or to Al-Baha? Km or driving minutes...
Which one is the biggest "city" and where would you recommand us to stay? As there is always the "good" amd the  "less good" areas...;-)

Hi Lexus

We are also moving to Al  Baha and will be working at the university. I am in contact with Sandra who posted this topic. The university is in Alaqeeq so it would be nice to know about houses, malls, etc in that area. Sandra and us have found it very difficult to find info on Al Baha so any info will be great.

Thanks,
Shaun

Hi scochrane

ALaqeeq univercity :its  around 15min from airport and 15min to ALBAHA city. so, its better to live in ALBAHA city, its good for weather(in summer 25 deg). all facility was there such as hospital , Mall .....etc.

its small city but i mean you can find everething available . the good apartment there start from 20,000 SR/YEAR .

and from ALBAHA 25min TO Paljurashi city (around 40min by car to university) its also good city.

Just inform me before you come to give you mobile phone for Property office . he will support you

B/R

Hello

Eid mubarak to all ,

sorry for late .

this is mobile number of MR . Naif : 0509606467 (saudi)

he has a realty office .arabic langauge only

i call him yesterday to help you . hope you will find a good house or apatment .

B/R

I am InshaAllah will be going to AL bahah this October to work as a dentist in Al Salama Polyclinic. Does anyone here know how far is it to go to Makkah? I plan to go there on my free day. Also is there a a=masjid near the clinic I am going to work in? If you can give me as much information please give me come.

salam aminahanjela

Al Baha to Mecca is seems 235 km
see below the link for general information and regarding the Mosque close to where you work, your boss can sure tell you!?

Good luck for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Bahah

salam aminah

this place is iin ALBAHA city . its close to the facilites as well .
you can go to MAKKAH by bus . it will take around 4 hours . coast around 250 SR

MY GREETING

Me too wanted to know, if any one who has idea of life in al baha?
[email protected]

drtps wrote:

Me too wanted to know, if any one who has idea of life in al baha?
[email protected]

Asalamualykum I am new here in AL baha. working as a dentist. weather here Allhamdullilah is very nice. how are you? what do you do?

I got an offer as professor in al baha university. wanted to know how is the university and details about stay / other facilities / etc..
I may join by january.
I am from India / Kerala.

Assalamu'alaikum....hi everyone..
my family plan to move to Al Baha this february. really need your help/info on living cost, school (my son is 15, 11, 9 and 3 years old), apartment, transportation...
thanking you in advance..

Is alsalama polyclinic in albaha a dental clinic?

Hi r u working in al salama polyclinic?

Hello Zarlyn,

Welcome to Expat.com.

Please note that you have posted on a thread dated 2012. I would suggest you create a new discussion on the Saudi Arabia forum with your queries :)

Cheers

Mishna

hi can anyone give me idea of bijuriya city near al.bahah??
is any didea about bijuriha general hospital

Hello Sir,

I am from India, Madhya Pradesh. I wanna know did u join in Al-baha University?

I got the offer letter from Al-baha university from College of Sciences.

I have 4 yr old boy. I want to know what are facilities for schools and day care?

American / British schools are available there??

Please let me know the details. I ll b really grateful to u.

My ema il id xx x

plz rely me

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi mausami,
I intend to join al bahaa university.
I have a 3 year old son. Are there any school or day care centres for kids?
I can't keep my son with a baby sitter.
Kindly help as leaving your country and other facilities is a big deal and can't move out of India without having proper information about the day care safety of my little boy.

Dr Nida

Hi Nida. I am also considering moving to Al baha. Let us discuss about option

HI,
I am also moving to Al-Baha insaAllah in August 2018 along with family. Kindly update how is family an safety for kids ?
Thanks

Hello. I am originally from Al Baha city but live in Jeddah! I can help if you guys need anything! You can email me on ***

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details for your own security

hi have you been to al baha now

I am also planning to shift.  Plz share details if u know any about the university. I have heard it's on a very high altitude and low oxygen can also make one sick

https://portal.bu.edu.sa/en/

Dear, Anyone knows IELTS coaching classes in Riyad ?

Al Baha is the smallest region of Saudi Arabia. It's true it's located on a high altitude area, but don't let that make you scared of low O2 level. That's not an issue at all. There are plenty of oxygen for everyone! Don't worry lol! I have been to places with a way higher altitude with no issues. It's not Everest! The weather there is fantastic! Cold in winter but moderate in summer! You will love the weather for sure! It gets foggy in winter and that's one thing I love about Al Baha. You can contact me anytime if you need help. I don't live in Al Baha but I would do my best to help! Best of luck to you

Thank you

Can you guide on how to manage for the first few days in Al Baha .. like booking of hotels for stay ?

Can you tell me which college you will be teaching at? The university has different colleges located all over the city. The new building hasn't been fully finished yet. But, college of medicine and dentistry are less than 15 minutes drive away from the airport. I believe the university is reguired by law to provide accommodation for all its foreign  workers. So, it's better to contact the university and arrange transportation and accommodation before you get to the city. When is your trip to Albaha?

Will be teaching at college of dentistry . I have to travel tentatively by end of this month and have not been informed about Accomodation.  I am anxious as I will be  travelling with my kids and I do not know anything much about the place .