MUSLIM AND NON-MUSLIM COUPLES STATUS IN SAUDI

Hi Friends,

Can you please help me regarding my worries...I am from Philippines and im working here in Saudi Arabia...I want to bring my wife here but the issue is My Wife is a muslim and i am a Christian...we got married in the Philippines jz a year ago....is there any problem if i will bring her here in SA and we live together here???...because shes afraid that the Saudi Law may sue us both here...can you please give me any idea if what will i do...coz i miss my wife already...and we want to be together... :(

A news article on Saudi Arabia and inter religion marriages: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre … riage-laws

do not go saudia with wife

Niceguy1814 wrote:

Hi Friends,

Can you please help me regarding my worries...I am from Philippines and im working here in Saudi Arabia...I want to bring my wife here but the issue is My Wife is a muslim and i am a Christian...we got married in the Philippines jz a year ago....is there any problem if i will bring her here in SA and we live together here???...because shes afraid that the Saudi Law may sue us both here...can you please give me any idea if what will i do...coz i miss my wife already...and we want to be together... :(

I do not see your worries here. If you are a christian and was able to get to Saudi Arabia and working-that already is a blessing. Now your wife who you are legally married to is a Muslim and you want to take her to Saudi Arabia to live with you will be a big bonus. I do not understand your fear here, she is your wife who is already practicing their culture and way of life, it will be easy for her to get in the country. If anything you should be the one worried since you are not a Muslim. But nonetheless getting her on your visa to stay with you wont be that difficult since your are legally married to her and have the necessary documents to prove that.

flex14 wrote:
Niceguy1814 wrote:

Hi Friends,

I do not see your worries here. If you are a christian and was able to get to Saudi Arabia and working-that already is a blessing. Now your wife who you are legally married to is a Muslim and you want to take her to Saudi Arabia to live with you will be a big bonus. I do not understand your fear here, she is your wife who is already practicing their culture and way of life, it will be easy for her to get in the country. If anything you should be the one worried since you are not a Muslim. But nonetheless getting her on your visa to stay with you wont be that difficult since your are legally married to her and have the necessary documents to prove that. I have not heard of a law that prevents expats from bringing their wives who practice a different religion from theirs.

The issue to be considered is whether Islamic rules about converting to Islam have been broken with the Muslim woman marrying a non-Muslim man. Whether he should have converted and the marriage not taken place until that time. Obviously all the paperwork will be on display to enter and live in another country, which is Islamic. The issue will be what actually happened for this marriage to take place, how and where was it conducted and whose permission sought?

From what I read in Saudi Arabia, if she does go there with him, she must consider herself divorced until he converts to her religion. And no living in sin...

Far from not seeing "any worries", it appears, on face value, that there is a lot to worry about.

However, only people who have done this could really give a proper answer.  Maybe ask again in the Saudi Forum ?  there may be other nationalities having married Muslims.

I know that the British who used to work in the Middle East were living in western compounds to avoid problems such as this.  But that was many years ago, things may have changed.