Proposed package

i got job offer in oman pls suggest me what i do
offer salary 250 rials
75 rials house rent
25 rials Transportation
Total 350 rials
Pls suggest me what should i do  & how much i save after food and accommodation in my scope

Well it depends on the location where u going to work n stay. They not offering any medical insurance as its really expensive here. Please mention ur work location to advise u better

I have a job opportunity both in Government and  also in Oman's 2nd best sector.
which one is better .
Government job offering 2000 OR includes housing and all other allowances.
can any one suggest.

Go ahead, 2000 OMR is a very good salary even if u shift with family.

A 'good salary' really depends on your qualifications and experience. 500 OMR may be good for some people while OMR 2000 may not be good for others. If you go through the posts on living expenses you will be able to work out your savings and decide whether its worthwhile to shift here or not.

sohailsaniya wrote:

I have a job opportunity both in Government and  also in Oman's 2nd best sector.
which one is better .
Government job offering 2000 OR includes housing and all other allowances.
can any one suggest.

Hi sohailsaniya,

If you are looking at a long-term tenure here in Oman, it would be worthwhile for you to consider about the key 'Omanisation' factor.

Government sectors can be quite strict regarding hiring expatriates and the chances for the expats' positions to get 'Omanised' could be much higher there, than in the private sector.

Dear Mr Sumitran, what exactly do you mean by chances of omanisation greater in govt sector more than pvt sector. Plz explain. Thanks

Spot on Sumitran Sir.But if it is medical sector,(doctors)  Omanization is very far away.It depends on sector Sohailsaniya is joining

paragparadkar wrote:

Dear Mr Sumitran, what exactly do you mean by chances of omanisation greater in govt sector more than pvt sector. Plz explain. Thanks

Hi paragparadkar,

What that means is an expatriate's job can be taken away (and given to a local) sooner in the governments sector, than in the private.