Why Expats always lose their morals and principles

Why always Expats always lose their morals and principles and gain only the bad habbites within the new community they Join

Lets backup our principles this world needs good examples

There is an Egyptian quote that says: (the country that nobody knows you in, do whatever you like in)

I think that's why,this goes for any exapt.

Yea i have heard that and many others
but not an excuse !

um, 'BritishMan'? You're not British. Hence your English- ok by Egyptian standards, but certainly not mother tongue standard. You profile pic is a joke picture of a scouser, available on google.

You wanna insult British people, go ahead, but if you do it by lying you lose a certain amount of integrity.

Hi Mrs.Lucy
Thanks for your reply, i do respect your point of view.
First the picture is mine and i have a lot more it cropped and i have the full picture showing the rest of the house and my car and it was taken in scotland !

Second As my profile mentioning i am british(mother is and i had been born and raised there) and proud of being so
So i dont think i would insult myself and my family dont you think so !

For the meaning of what i wrote actually your reply presents a good example proving my point:
-suspicious, and pointing fingers without giving a chance to talk and use reason and manythings

Also i am half Egyptian and i am also proud of this cause the other part of my family are very respectable

Anyway God bless you in your life i am proud of who i am

Dear All
The meaning of the post is just because many expats meet with some bad examples of local people and it makes them feel humiliated so they start to be aggressive and unconsciously you wake up find yourself dealing just like them
Let's all agree that in any nationality or country there is always good and bad
And my concern is whatever is your nationality try to make an effort to show those who don't understand how it is amazing to have morals and principles especially as an Expate you have more experience than locals
However there are magnificent Locals in any countries
Cheers

i fail to see the point of this post?

I find Britishman trying to enhance some good morals for those who are missing it; I think that's the point.

BritishMan wrote:

Why always Expats always lose their morals and principles and gain only the bad habbites within the new community they Join

Generalizing has never been a good way of thinking :/

Me either ! I didn't get the point of this post

leprechaun1188 wrote:

i fail to see the point of this post?

Thanks Bob

Thanks Julien and i totally agree with you, sorry if the Ad. Looks so, Also not only in Egypt

But Julien haven't you seen it whenever you go to any country that expates act differently sometimes in a way they don't like, be more offensive and sometimes hostile
within Arab countries they mis-use the word inshala, or concerning appointment or promises not fulfilled and sometimes
they say we will lye since everybody do and the justify will always be come on we are in ........(name of the country) everybody is like so

Isnt this right?!

Hi Alimirza and leprechaun1188
Hope my last comment to Julien were more clear

so your point is; sometimes expats lie? I think it's a given that there is no community where NOBODY ever lies, wherever they're from or wherever they are.
'misusing the word inshallah' is hardly a grave offence, and is surely better than not trying to learn the local language at all.

Who is your target audience for this post? If you are an expat, are you saying that you have lost your morals?

Morals differ between cultures. Categorising a whole group of people as rude or offensive is a lose-lose situation, as it means you'll offend them, and take offence yourself at something that often didn't warrent it.

Sorry about the rant, I just don't think a forum for people of all cultures to come together is the best place to make sweeping, uncomplimentary generalisations. I'll get off my soapbox now. :)

Dear i am sorry i offended you as per your words you are from the other side it is so obvious from your attitude
keep in your soap bird,
Its a real shame cause british was an example of deligacy and morals
so i will give you a lesson and just say Thank you

what a waste of time :rolleyes:

Andy_22 wrote:

what a waste of time :rolleyes:

:happy: A very good conclusion!
Expats don t lose their moral, usually they become stronger to resist, who changes his/ her behavior, it is swallowed by the culture where they live!

night express wrote:

those white raced are nothing but arrogant proud of themselves, look how this English woman ( i guess) is despising this guy by his language inefficiency and in the mean time despising Egyptians by saying (according to Egyptian standards), while she has no favor in mastering her mother tongue, no manners you people, i am wondering why she lives in a country she despises, it is more respectable for her to go back where she belongs.

The topic was about Expats standards, not Egyptian ones!
And anywhere there are bad people and good people! The problem is " ARE THERE REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE NATIONS THEY BELONG TO?", about expats I mean!

Oh, dear god.
I don't despise Egypt, i'm an english teacher so I cleary love egyptian learners, and know exactly how hard it is to master any other language, having studied a few myself.
I am yet to meet anyone I despise, although I have rather mixed feelings about people who use the phrase 'where he/she/they belong'.

Also, i'm not white.

Also, why are there so many expats on this forum who dislike expats?

And finally, ok, this is rather a wate of time. Shall we just agree that folks are folks, and the differences are what make us interesting?

To ((valibilic)) i really liked what you wrote and the point is lately i have been seeing many expates swallowed as per you words and not a good representative for their own countries and i really wonder why !

To ((night express)): My english is not bad and the picture is mine for God sake :)

To Lucy you tried to lie about my pic and manipulate my words, calling me names,....etc
see what you made others think of you!
what goes around just comes around
bless you anyway

Cheers all and goodnight :)

British man pls stop the "god bless" shit. u say u were raised in UK its a secular country we don't mention god if u think he or she exists just keep it to urself. i have nothing against u but please stop posting those meaningless freaky questions as i am sure u can find a better thing to do or i rather hope

I agree with Andy_22. Please stop this useless post its going no where

this discussion is not going anywhere - I close it

Closed