Anyone know where one can get horseriding lessons

I have a couple of friends wanting to know where is the best place in Riyadh for getting horse riding lessons.

If you have contact info that would be great.

Cheers

I have seen some stables somewhere but can't remember where!  Also, on this site recently someone mentioned horseriding - so may be worth a search on previous blogs to find out.  I will ask around for some recommendations and get back on here for you. 

It would be good to create a section on this blog for things like: 
Emergency Numbers
Social Activities
Education Related Activities
etc.......
Or, Expat-Classified on fb has some lists of this type of information as it's an effort to keep trawling back on postings.

nzpounamu wrote:

I have a couple of friends wanting to know where is the best place in Riyadh for getting horse riding lessons.

If you have contact info that would be great.

Cheers

Here's a few and I believe there may be are one or two others:

Nadee Alaghar Riding Academy
(Near Diplomatic Quarter)
Ladies on Sat/Mon/Wed
Men on Sun/Tues/Thurs

Also ladies only is available at
International Equestrian Stables
Tel: 477 4941, Sat - Wed after 17.00hrs
Thurs 9.00 - 11.00hrs and 17.00 - 22.00hrs

Dirab Golf and Recreation Center
Tel: +966-(0)1-4593686
Fax: +966-(0)1-4583017

Happy trails!

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

I have seen some stables somewhere but can't remember where!  Also, on this site recently someone mentioned horseriding - so may be worth a search on previous blogs to find out.  I will ask around for some recommendations and get back on here for you. 

Emergency Numbers
Social Activities
etc.......
Or, Expat-Classified on fb has some lists of this type of information as it's an effort to keep trawling back on postings.

Actually, gwtfuk, if you look to your left on this screen, you'll see a list in a box.  "Guide" is for exactly what you suggest.  I've added some things there in an effort to build it up and if everybody else wanted to contribute, we could build up quite a resource to refer people to! :)

Alliecat wrote:
gowiththeflowUK wrote:

Emergency Numbers
Social Activities
etc.......

Actually, gwtfuk, if you look to your left on this screen, you'll see a list in a box.  "Guide" is for exactly what you suggest.  I've added some things there in an effort to build it up and if everybody else wanted to contribute, we could build up quite a resource to refer people to! :)

Hey Alliecat - spot on - I looked everywhere but there as Guide implied to me that it was something else(doh) I was looking for a Directory or Listings!  Will check it out just now as I have some info I can add into it.  Thanks again :)

I agree--usually something like this would be labeled FAQ.

Thanks for that info Alliecat.  Will check them out.

And I thought Guide was 'how to' info - haven't even given it a look since I joined up, Ooops.

Our 13 year old grandson used to take lessons from the International Equestrian Stables in Malaz since he was 6. he now trains in the stables they have available at Manarat International School for the students only. He has many an accolade and trophy on his mantle piece to show off.