Moving to Oslo

Hello. I am from Greece and i am interested to move to oslo and i would like some information if someone can hlep me. First of all is there and website to look for job? What are the conditions there about salaries, companies and the life. For example to live there how much money you should get every month? As you see i don't know a lot for Oslo. Thanks anyway

Hi Nik86,

Welcome on board :)

I will invite you to read those articles here pls :

- Find a job in Norway
- The labor market in Norway

You can check out the discussions on the Cost of living in Oslo as well :)

I suggest you browse through the Jobs in Oslo section and drop your resume in the work sector that you feel more comfortable doing please :)

Best of luck to your with everything :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Thanks for the help Maximilien

Hi mate!

I don't know what kind of education you have but to get a job in Norway without knowing the language is going to be tough.
I guess you can forget jobs with customer contact, but some jobs that I think you will have a fair chance to get, is jobs like; stock employee, production worker, etc. In Norway you don't need a degree to work in those occupations and still they pay well and as an employee, you have many rights.

If you do decide to move to Norway I wouldn't choose Oslo. The rent there is much higher than the rest of the country. I will suggest you to google cities like; Drammen, Bergen, Kristiansand, Stavanger etc. These are big cities, but far less expensive than Oslo. In small towns near Drammen such as Lier, Mjøndalen, Krokstadelva and Solbergelva you will get a nice apartment to less then half the price of what you get in Oslo and it would be 10 min with car/buss to Drammen who has everything. 40 min from Oslo.

Searching for jobs in Norway: nav.no/en/Home
Searching for apartments: finn.no/finn/realestate/lettings/browse1
(finn.no haven't an English version so you will need to use the Google translate, because this is the only site to look for apartments in Norway. Everything is there.)