Wing Chun in HCMC?

Hi all,
I'm coming to HCMC and was wondering if anyone know of a full time Wing Chung school for adults. I'm an older person in fairly good shape and also very new in martial arts.

Thanks in advance

Hello Alitis  :cheers:

I suggest you drop an advert in our Sports classes in Ho Chi Minh City section of the forum to increase your chances find what you are looking for :top:

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thank Kenjee,  I'll try that!!

Which chi of Wing chun you want to study?

Hi Scarletvn,
Thank you for the reply.
I was not aware that there was more than one style. I'm open to any.

I'd like to know of a place too that teaches beginners. Any info would help

I found some addresses of dojos but I don't know about the quality of them. I tried to have their websites for you to have a look at them before making decision. Please note that some of dojos may move to new places, that I can't know.
Wing Chun or Wing Sun = Vịnh Xuân. I don't know anything about martial art, so please pardon me for any of wrong English words I may use.

Master Hồ Hải Long:
1) Vịnh Xuân Hồ Trường Xà
Sport center of Dist. 8
Phạm Hùng St., W 5, D 8, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Việt Nam
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/htxvinhxuan

2) Club of Master Hồ Đức
No. 38 Trần Não St., Ward Bình An, D 2, Tp. HCM
Phone: Mr. Hồ Đức 0995816330

Vịnh Xuân Chính Thống Phái (Main stream Wing Chun)
Chi of Master Hồ Hải Long & Master Nguyên Minh
+ 2273A/16/41A Phạm Thế Hiển St., W.6, D.8
+ 188 Nơ Trang Long St.,  W13, Bình Thạnh Dist. (Diệu Pháp Pagoda)
+ Võ Tánh Temple,  no. 19 Hồ Văn Huê St., W.9, Phú Nhuận Dist., TP.HCM
Master Nam Vân: 0902462079

Rạch Miễu sport center
1 Hoa Phượng St., W.2, Phú Nhuận Dist.
Master Nam Quy  0918336678

Mon, Wed, Fri at Veteran Club of Go Vap Dist.
450/19A Lê Đức Thọ St., W16, Gò Vấp Dist.
or
18:00 - 19:30 Tue, Thu, Sat at Go Vap Tax Dept.
308 Nguyễn Văn Nghi St.. W7. Gò Vấp Dist.
Master Nam Anh Hào. 0932299775

750A/15 Nguyễn Kiệm St., W4, Phú Nhuận Dist.
Master Nam Anh Kiệt - 0908809833

8) Sport center of Tan Binh Dist.
1 Lê Bình St., W.4, Tân Bình Dist., Tp.HCM
Master Nam Anh Tuấn - 0983677778

10) Dojo Nam Chinh
- 140/17/7 Lê Đức Thọ St., W 06, Gò Vấp Dist.
- 55 Nguyễn Văn Giai St., Đa Kao Ward, D 1

Vịnh Xuân Trần Thông of Master Trần Thông
Military Zone 7 stadium
202 Hoàng Văn Thụ St., W9, Phú Nhuận Dist. - HCM
Mon, Wed, Fri from 18pm đến 20pm
or
Culture & Labor House of HCMC
55B Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai St., Bến Thành Ward, D1, TP.HCM
Tue, Thu, Sat from 18h30 to 20h
or
283 Điện Biên Phủ St., W15 Bình Thạnh Dist.- HCM
Tue, Thu, Sat from 18h to 20h
or
Secondary school TN BÌNH
Ad: 97/11 Nguyễn Cửu Đàm St., Tân Sơn Nhì Ward, Tân Phú Dist.
Mon, Wed, Fri from 18pm đến 20pm
Cellphone: 01262590439 (Trần Thông) or 0908940520 (Huỳnh Danh)

Master Thiên Phúc
Tue, Thu, Sat from 19:00 to 20:30
451/45 Xô Viết Nghệ Tĩnh St. - W.26 - Bình Thạnh Dist.
Master Võ Trọng Phúc: 0902 245 5002
Master Trần Đình Hưng: 0903 814 569
http:\\kungfuthienphuc.com

Jodo of Shaolin Wing Sun
Bình Triệu Market, Thủ Đức Dist.,
Mr Ngọc Anh  0903120338

Vịnh Xuân Quyền Kim Long
332/11 Block 3, Hồ Ngọc Lãm, An Lạc Ward, Bình Tân Dist.
Master Nguyễn Hữu Phước

Wow Miss Scarlet..
That is a wealth of information.
Thank you very much for your effort. I will visit their websites and look for the best fit.
Thank you again for your help.

Will keep you posted
Alitis

Hi Alitis

I'm also coming to HCMC (district 7) in July. I have been training Wing Chun for a while, and will continue to make trips back to Malaysia (where I've been living for the past 5 years) to continue under my sifu. Most of the WC in HCMC sthat I can see is a Vietnamese form that differs from Ip Man WC but there are other branches too. It's quite a mind field! If you are interested, try and get hold of a copy of a book called Complete Wing Chun which is a comprehensive history of the art and all its different forms.

If you are interested in getting together in HCMC, then let me know. I'm not looking at setting up any formal classes there (I think tha's quite tricky in any case) , but will be looking for people to train with and exchange ideas from any martial arts background. I'm probably not going to join an exisiting class as there's too much politics and I'm very happy with the version I learn (Wong Shun Leung system)

Thanks  for the info and offer Mr Bailey, I will touch bases with you once in HCMC. I am open to all styles and willing to try few till I find the one that I like most. 

Thank you again

Hi all,
Sorry to necro this thread but I'm looking for some info/training partners as well.
I started learning Wing Chun in 2009, from my sifu, a Hong Kong migrant in California who was trained in the Yip Man branch combined with Pan Nam branch of Wing Chun. I also practiced couple other internal arts style to support my Wing Chun.
Since moving back to Ho Chi Minh, I've been trying to find a school with similar atmosphere and branch as the one I trained back in US but no luck.
All of the schools I've checked out follows the Nguyen Te Cong, Vietnamese branch Wing Chun with a rather closed circle policy. Most schools requires you to join their school and do 3 to 6 years of physical training before they even teach you the basic forms.
My old school taught you basic forms on day 1 and would have you sparring within 3 months, which I enjoy. The atmosphere is also very non-formal but still structure.
Anyways, I really miss sparring quite a bit and has been out of training since 2013. Does anyone know of a place that suits my needs?
If not, are there folks that would enjoy some Wing Chun training drills or sparring with a partner?
If you are interested but has no background, I can teach you the basics and work from there.

Anyone knows a place in d2 to study wing chun?

Hi Eddy,

This thread is rather old. Maybe you could drop an advert in the Classes in Ho Chi Minh City section of the website so that members may  get in touch.

All the best,
Bhavna

Thanks for the advice, but I did post there also.
Regards,
Eddy

Hi!
Did you find a good place?

Did you find a place after all?
I am also looking for a place to train WT... but i feared it would  be like you described....