Job in oman

i got offer from oman having salary 155 OMR with free accomodation,fooding and over time extra,quaterly bonus extra and annualy increment.Is it enough to survive in oman?i am a bachelor.will i save any thing???

as a beginner it seems good offer . ofcourse you can save and it depends how you spend,make sure that company providing other benefits regularly

john

With.all those benefits you will be able to save .you can spend a reasonable amount on luxuries, you never know you might want to charm a girl with a nice perfume or watch but still Thats reasonable till further notice

sspandey1992 wrote:

i got offer from oman having salary 155 OMR with free accomodation,fooding and over time extra,quaterly bonus extra and annualy increment.Is it enough to survive in oman?i am a bachelor.will i save any thing???

Hi sspandey1992,

Only if you are an illiterate, manual labourer, with no past work experience, should you consider this salary.

By any standards it is way too low to lead an even semi-decent life. Think thoroughly before deciding.

Read through the numerous other posts on the same subject, already available in the forum for more specifics.

thank you all

Thank you john

thank you sir.But i am not illiterate just passed out last year and got offer from oman.I am Bachelor Of Hotel Management & Catering Technology.

sspandey1992 wrote:

thank you sir.But i am not illiterate just passed out last year and got offer from oman.I am Bachelor Of Hotel Management & Catering Technology.

Hi sspandey1992,

Definitely then, for your qualifications, the salary offered is a serious compromise.

Please negotiate for at least double of this.

Once you join, your salary will only go up marginally (if at all) and not substantially.

Plus, there is no chance of switching jobs and so you will be stuck here for ever earning below par wages.

sspandey1992 wrote:

I don't want to comment much but all i want to say is, the offered salary is even lower than a blue collared job.
If your only motive (Like many others) is to enter gulf, you might consider and compromise on everything. Think wise before playing with your future.

ya he is right

155 OMR is too low. Am sure you will be able to get a better package after gaining some experience. Once  you come here, you are stuck. You cannot change your job in Oman. If you really in a urgency of saving some 5000 to 10000 bucks and ready to compromise on your career, you can the take the chance.

Dear Sumitran sir,
I'm hearing that due to omanisation, a lot of Expats r going to loose their jobs, im expecting my employment in oman likely from july witha 2 yr contract as a Sales Supervisor in a leading FMCG sector institution, after undertaking the agreement for 2 yrs, is there any threat for my employment, my position will be just above the front line sales.
Currently in India im working for a global giant FMCG comp. is my decision right one,
pls guide me with ur tips.
In fact one of my relative is in higher position since very long in oman, i had not yet contacted him for advice.

T.L.N.Reddy wrote:

Dear Sumitran sir,
I'm hearing that due to omanisation, a lot of Expats r going to loose their jobs, im expecting my employment in oman likely from july witha 2 yr contract as a Sales Supervisor in a leading FMCG sector institution, after undertaking the agreement for 2 yrs, is there any threat for my employment, my position will be just above the front line sales.
Currently in India im working for a global giant FMCG comp. is my decision right one,
pls guide me with ur tips.
In fact one of my relative is in higher position since very long in oman, i had not yet contacted him for advice.

Hi T.L.N.Reddy,

Sooner or later, more and more jobs will be given to the locals, than to the expatriates. This is the reality. But it will not all happen overnight. In fact the process has been started since long and is gaining momentum with every passing day.

Certain entry level jobs have been already 100% Omanised. This is largely dues to the fact that there are scores of Omanis who are not qualified, experienced, or both. It would take sometime for them to be absorbed into the mainstream. Expatriates can hope to hold on to their jobs until such time the Omanis are found to be ready to shoulder those responsibilities.

Incidentally Sales is a position which is 100% Omanised too. So logically, Sales Supervisors jobs would be next in line. But it may not happen in 2 years time.

If you are happy with your present job and company, better rethink very seriously about relocating.

Good luck.

Dear Sumitran sir,
Thanks a lot for ur advise, if once the Employer n employee sign off the agreement for 2 yrs, i hope there will be no cancellation from employer side,if at all they want to do that, i think the company has to pay full salary etc.... to the employee.. Am i correct, what are all the precautions i have to take before making an agreement with the employer.
pls guide...
Rgds
Reddy

Hi T.L.N.Reddy,

A 2-year employment contract is not a guarantee of holding the job during the entire 2-year duration. The job can be terminated by either parties with a 1-month's notice period.

There are cases when employees have been sacked with not even 24-hours notice period. It all depends on the gravity of the situation, and the seriousness of the misdemeanor, if any.

The single most important precaution which every expatriate must take before joining a company is to check and verify the credentials of where they are planning to join. Make sure the company is indeed what they say they are. Secondly, make sure that all paperwork is done formally and as per legal requirements. Do not ever leave anything open-ended, unfinished, or on verbal agreement.

The onus lies entirely with the employee to make certain all is fine, before signing on the dotted line. Especially when there are so many unscrupulous employers around.

Dear Sumitran sir,
Thanks a lot for ur valuable advice, will do follow all the instructions carefully as per the law of oman, since the company sounds big and there is NO Middle men between me n the employer, i hope things will be fine in my case added to this the oman company which i might join is also  one n only Dist. for my company also, so i can cross check with my international HR desk for feed back and their guidance's too.
Currently i can not disclose my employment in IND & new employer in OMAN, for x,y,z reasons...when things come to very close, i will surely take ur advice personally.
pls do guide me then.
Thanking you
Rgds
Reddy

It is very tough to survive in jst 155 Omr...If you are a bachelor you may.....but you can't save anything.