New Kid on the Block.

Hi everyone!

My name is Andy and I'm from the UK.

Since repatriating back to the UK in 2007 from Russia (where I lived and worked for 15 years), life has lost it's shine. I am seriously considering moving abroad again, and Ecuador ticks many boxes.

It's great that you guys have such a wonderful and informative forum for us 'newbies'.

Cheers.

Andy, my son-in-law is a "former" Brit.  'Nuff said.  Come and see if it's right for you.  Internet research only takes you so far on the journey.

Hi Andy and most welcome to Expat.com ;)
I hope you will find here all the information you require!
Where in Ecador you wish to settle?

Hi guys.

I'm not really sure where I'd like to live, but the coast looks appealing. Like eddstaton said, you can only learn so much on the web, so a huge leap of faith might be necessary. Having lived in Russia for so many years, from the early nineties, I should be okay...

Hi Warrior (from the little Russian that I remember, that's the meaning of Razboinik).
If you were able to learn Russian (read and WRITE) it will be a breeze to handle Spanish.
Before deciding where to live, go to those places on the coast and in the mountains and  see for yourself. I did once (I am still in US), I will take my wife this fall (I think is spring, over there in Ecuador) and then we will decide.

Hey indel, so you still remember some Russian. Razboynik is my nickname on some poker sites.
I would like to live in Ecuador for at least a few months, travelling around the country, before deciding where to live.
I'm the type of person that has to immerse himself in the language and culture to really understand the people and lifestyle.
The Russians have a saying that even a dog will learn to speak the language if he lives there long enough....