Moving to Makati, Manila with family

Hi everyone,
I'm Lina, currently living in Jakarta. But my husband's already working in Makati (3 months). We're (me and my 3 kids) going to join him and move to Makati by the end of June.

As I have no experience living abroad, in this case Philippine, I'm hoping could get more info from everyone here about:
- accomodation-- Condo orTownhouse?
- school-- private or public? for my 3 kids (15yo, 13yo, 10yo)
- we're a muslim family, where can I halal meat and ingredients?

Thank you so much... :)

Hi madam! You may live a simple life in here for only P40,000.00 a month including your children's expenses and accommodation.

Accommodation = Apartment P10-15,000- 2BR (Rent)
School (3) = P10,000 (Public)
Etc. = P15,000

The nearest location where you can live like this is in Guadalupe, Makati which all life's essentials are within reach like schools, hospitals, business centers of Taguig, Mandaluyong, Ortigas and train station are only 2-5 minutes away, whether drive or commute all are accessible within Manila areas.

Thank you Aturservice for the info.
In that range of price for accomodation is it furnished?
I've been in Makati 2 weeks ago and heard about public school for my youngest son, is it possible for me (as a foreigner) to enroll my son to public school?
How far is it from Guadalupe to Ayala ave or legazpi village?
I've stayed at my husband condo in legaspi street (it's his office's condo where he lived with his co-worker).

Only a few offer a fully furnished accommodation in that price range and yes you may enroll your son in public school here as long as you comply with their requirements. Guadalupe is just a 3-5 minutes away from Legazpi Village.

3-5 minutes away, nice.
I'll be inform my husband about it.
Better start looking for the condo and school.
Again...thank you aturservice

Your welcome!

- accomodation-- Condo orTownhouse ---- Condo would cost as much as 40k PhP - 50k PhP within that area
- school-- private or public? for my 3 kids (15yo, 13yo, 10yo) ---- Private school have programs for international students but would cost very expensive like 80K per year
- we're a muslim family, where can I halal meat and ingredients? -- a lot of grocery stores offer it here

Hi monicalei,
Been looking online in that area and yes it's about that price range....i just hope the housing allowance for us could cover that  :D
I still looking for a private school, hopefully within walking distance, do you have any info for that?
Oh it's great to know about groceries store...thank you monicalei...

To find rentals that are available around Makati, you might want to check out olx.com.ph. Check the floor area for the unit and its bedrooms. Rooms at townhouses and condos are usually small.  You might need at least a 3-bedroom rental. Ask if the monthly rent already includes homeowners association fees and utilities.

Private school tuition range from PhP60k to 250k.  For international school,  tuition is PhP800k+ per year.

FilAmericanMom, yes i'd look for housing at olx.com.ph, trovit home and mitula.
It seems like older building condos room size's bigger than a new one right?

Hi Lina - fyi I'm a Malaysian staying in Makati, but am currently at Salcedo Village (which is just across Legaspi, where your hubby's company dorm is).

a) rental - I am surprised with aturservice's info that rental can be as cheap as php10-15k. fyi, my 2 bedroom condo is already php65k a month with dues.  You may want an estimate of electricity + water bill could come up to about another php10k a month (if you do daily washing of clothes with a manual washing machine, one aircond and mostly uses electric fans, I also use a normal microwave & rice cooker). Electricity can be really expensive here. so you might want to check the watts of the electrical items prior to buying it.

b) school - i was told by my indonesian colleague that the Chinese private school here accepts foreigners, but the child has to study mandarin. i believe there's  a  school nearby, but i have not idea of the exact school fees that will inccur. international school here is expensive.

c) halal food - there's a halal restaurant in my area. as for halal food items, you can find it on most items when you visit the supermarkets like SM and Rustans. No  doubt that pork is sold quite openly here, and for chicken and fish/seafood, i have so far not seen any halal declaration on the items at the fresh food item area. will try to look out for you.

the indonesian embassy is nearby i think. try to contact them for support as i think they are quite active with activities (i casually spoke to a ambassador's wife while queuing at the supermarket few months back, but i didnt get her name).

so, good luck and have fun!

To make it clear, what I'm telling is the regular ordinary apartment not a condominium with lots of amenities, those usual apartment rented out that's why I used the term simple.

Has anyone tried this:

nibrasintegratedschoolph.com/

Aturservice is correct. You can rent an appartment easily in 10K-15K on locations mentioned by him. However Condo will be more costly than your expectation. Rest is your choice where you want to live.