Kalinga). Culture

Can anyone tell me about the people of Kalinga). Culture, etc.
thank you
arie

I have been there and they are really very nice people to good people.  There is one polish priest staying there.  Beautiful place; lots of climbing and walking.  But worth it.

The Kalinga coffee is known for being one of the best coffee here in the Philippines.  Though according to the elders there, the young generation did not give attention to improving this wild plants and the coffee industry is dwindling really fast.

Tell me more

Rice produced in this province is also one of quality.  I have been to Tabuc; this is their city; it has a nice hotel and stores; I was also able to climb the mountain and lucky to witness the wake and burial of the natives of Kalinga.  They wrap the dead with this beautiful cloth weave in this area.  The people specially the men love to drink.  They like to drink Gin; A cheap local liquor.

I was also able to cross a hanging bridge; under it is the river;

You need a 4x4 to drive further to the mountain.  The road is narrow; curved from the side of the mountain.  There is also a wooden bridge where the jeepneys laden with so many people; it will blow you mind how this public transport can carry these much people.  They ride on top of the jeep.

The air is cold in this side of the world; really fresh and clean.  I stayed for about a week in this place; I do not think it is enough to really understand this place but I made friends.  Most of the people are educated.  I met a lady who works with the government and men who had just graduated and finished Education as their course.

I saw from above a river that according to the people there is popular to the tourist for river rafting.

we have to talk more' i am arie from israel
my skype is : arie.cohen4
you can SMS me on ny mobil number +972544677504
thank you
arie

Hi nice to chat with you!  I am a Fil-Canadian; who travels a lot because of my work; If you have any questions just send me an e-mail at cvronquillo@yahoo.com;  hope I can help!

Right now I am in Cebu in the beautiful city of Toledo; staying at Days Inn; Beautiful hotel by the sea; But I am really from Manila;

It seems to work very hard to go from province to province under the conditions of a queen, from hotel to hotel

I have a good but really difficult job!  Not a queen definitely;