Visit ecuador

Helo my name is Moise and i live in Chilliwack British columbia Canada , i wold like to visit ecuador ,i ned some information on hotels and visit sites and towns and also loking to buy land to build my own house if i wold like the area thank you Moise

Mcordos wrote:

Hello, my name is Moise and I live in Chilliwack...I need some information on hotels and visit sites and towns, and also am looking to buy land to build my own house....(proofreading and editing for spelling by cccmedia)

Slow down, Moise:  chill in Chilliwack.  Buying land and house-building in Ecuador, also the permit process...are not something to rush into.  The conventional wisdom is to visit, rent for a good while and then think twice (at least) before undertaking these projects.

"Visit sites and towns":  Ecuador has different climates in the highlands, including Quito and Cuenca..."La Selva" or jungle areas, where Tena is the jumping-off point for most..."La Costa":  Salinas might be a good place to start...and the interior lowlands (drink plenty of water and avoid Santo Domingo de los Colorados, and also Guayaquil -- it's not really at the beach). 

To keep it simple, consider starting with a visit to Quito and then the coast -- places on the Pacific Ocean.

Hotels:  visit booking.com ... If you're on a strict budget but want a central location in Quito, consider starting at Hotel Ambassador, 9 de octubre y Colon.

For "visit sites," get more information for Quito by googling:  El Panecillo, La Basilica, Mariscal (Gringolandia), Plasa Grande, Parque la Carolina, the weekend arts-and-crafts "mercado" in Parque El Ejido, and-or the Guayasamin museum.

The more specifics you give us on what you might want to see, the more we might be able to assist you.

cccmedia in Quito

Thank you for the info what you know about  vilcabamba .thank you Moise

Vilcabamba is a village in southern Ecuador that has attracted a different mix of Gringos from other mountain towns -- including more of the younger Expats, and with something of a New Age or hippie flavor.

Some folks love the fact that Vilca has a high percentage of Gringos, others are deterred for the same reason.  It's not a "tipico" Ecuadorian place.

Vilca is 28 miles from a much larger place, the city of Loja, which has more shopping and a much smaller percentage of Gringos.

The Vilcabamba valley has won fame as a "Valley of Longevity" where people are said to have lived to -- or are living to -- well past 100 years of age.  There are skeptics about such claims, as well.

Few disagree, however, that the valley is lush, verdant and beautiful.  Plentiful rain and mild weather are two reasons.  The town of Vilca is at an altitude of about 5,000 feet.  Some consider it to have one of the best climates in the world.

Other Expats have previously posted about Vilcabamba, Ecuador, on this blog.  I refer you to some of those threads or posts below.  To get to these commentaries, type the name of the thread into the Search Expat.com box at the top of this page, and click on the icon to the right of that box.

Thread name:  "Anybody living in Vilcabamba or Loja..." 
    (multiple posts)

Thread name:  "Any Hippie or Liberal Communities..." 
    (especially Report #4)

Thread name:  "Vilcabamba, Loja or Not..." (especially report #1)

.