NIE PADRON authority (is it an NIE plus?) and Ownership of Property in

Hi Folks
I have been in Spain now for 19 months in the Asturias - I work for an IT outsourcing company ...
Anyway I have an NIE number as the Company had a rep who took me to the Police Station , Tax Office and Bank.
All very nice and efficient and easy . ....
     However what was not mentioned (I have only heard this off English Colleagues at work) you ALSO need a "second" NIE via the Local Council ? I have also heard that as I still own my house in the UK, I have to declare this or be subject  to a fine ?
   If anyone would be kind enough to clarify all of these and any related issues I would be most grateful...

While I am here (!) My Wife came over a few months after me - we have not even enquired about getting her an NIE or the "NIE plus" - is this necessary ?

Best regards and thanks in advance

Peter

They are two different things.  The NIE is an identification document and is required in post offices, and many shops depending on what you are buying to prove your European citizenship.  The second NIE as you describe it is a Padron and is a local document to your adjuntament which you get from your town hall.  This is to show you live (rent or own) in a particular village, town etc.  This is used by the adjuntament to claim a sum of money from the government which they do for each resident.  You will also need it for obtaining permissions and licences for local things such as burning permits.  If you don't have land you may not have needed it yet.

Whether you are earning and paying tax in Spain or not, you need to declare UK property.  I am surprised they did not check this out when you registered at the tax office.  If you are paying tax in the UK you may not need to pay it here but you must declare it.  As you work for IT, you can easily find the rules for taxation on line.  That is what I did.

Hi there
Many thanks for your reply -
Yes,   I purchased a Fishing Licence from the Asturian Government and the NIE was sufficient
for the purchase to go through - so I will pursue the Padron and make enquiries about whether I need to pay
tax on my house in the UK - I rent it out and slightly concerned about what happens if I sell it - will the Spanish Government demand a share in the terms of "tax",

Many thanks !

Peter