Need Guidance for a Road trip to Dubai

Hi All,

I am planning to go to Dubai in the mid of January with my Family via Kharj road for the first time.
I want to ask a few things.

Is it a two way road (via Kharj) till UAE border?
What is the suitable time to reach to the border? I am hoping to reach there by 9'O Clock.
What is the form of payment for the visa fee (cash/credit card/ATM card)?

Please share your experience.
Thanks

Najam Ahmed

i am going also

Hey,

I would recomend you take the dammam highway first and then take the exit to UAE from there onwards. It's a much better, newly paved road.

Aim to reach there by Maghrib time so that you have covered the curvy roads before the border in broad day light. Leave around 9AM in the morning.

They use your credit card for the VISA payment.

On a side note, please make sure you are well rested, take constant breaks, obey the speed limit and wear your seal belt. The road after the border to Dubai is one straight line, barely any curves and alot of speed cameras so it gets boring and might cause you to fall asleep so thats why make sure you aren't tired.

Enjoy the trip and have fun.

Regards,
Muhammad Usman,

Thank you Muhammad Usman for valuable information.  :up:

I traveled to Dubai two years back from Dammam Highway which was very good at that time but this time some people recommended to save time and google maps also showing the travel directions from Kharj road , this time i want to go through Kharj Highway. What do you say about this route?

Forgot to mention that i am planning to reach the UAE border at 9'O clock in the morning and want to leave Riyadh around 0300 AM.

What if i don't have a credit card? Do they receive cash?

I look forward for further suggestions and comments.

Thanks & Best Regards
Najam

Read this topic, very helpful;

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=79131

Thanks  saimans for sharing useful piece of information.
Last thing to clarify is:

- Road is two way throughout the Kharj- KSA border? 

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Regards
Najam Ahmed

Its v eay,
Get your Re-Entry Exit Visa for all family members
Go through Bathaha'a Street Direct to UAE border through quarter desert (its better option clean and straight)
There you will be required to show Passport, Iqama (if not original then attested copy from company), car registeration insurance and license.
you need to fill the form of all members, Pay the Visa fees 120 I think,
and wait for an hour atleast to issue visa,
then you need to make insurance of your car something like 200 sar
you'r Done.. Next 6.5 hours you will be in Dubai
Total journey @ 130kmph 50% and 160kmph 30% including half an hour rest and eat would be 13.5 Hours
Enjoy ;)

snajam.ahmed wrote:

Last thing to clarify is:

- Road is two way throughout the Kharj- KSA border

Yes, that road is a two way road !!

Somewhere in between you will find roads joining both, because of construction but that may be for just few miles

Salams, Dears

I am travelling too in the mid of Jan, people advice me to use dammam-haffof road instead of kharj to avoid camel crossing and construction and also travel during the day light to avoid fog.

Yes, that road is a two way road .Any time ,But holiday more rush.There you will be required to show Passport, Iqama (if not original then attested copy from company), car registeration insurance and license.
You need to fill the form of all members, Pay the Visa fees 200Dhs,They use your credit card only for the VISA payment.
and wait for an hour atleast to issue visa,
then you need to make insurance of your car something like 200 sar.Next 6 hours you will be in Dubai.Enjoy the trip and Wish You all the Best.

Travel time from dammam till uae border is 4 & half hours
On reaching border u will go in immigration building....fill the form for on arrival visa....scan eyes..ucwill get visa with in 1 hour
Immigration officer will charge 200/ person...u need credit cardr or visa card..
2--- alkharaj road is ok .....

Brother you need to be very carefull. I have done that. its long details, call me at 056 6666 304 and I will guide you. thanks. khizer