Looking to make friends

Hi Gang

Canadian Paul here. Looking to make friends with like minded people. I am a Global Agro-Ecology/Permaculture Consultant. My passion is designing and building self sustaining communities, commercial/private organic gardens. Growing the highest nutritional food possible. Dont be fooled by the words organic or natural, doesnt mean its nutritious or healthy.

What part of Canada are you from, Paul? I am from Calgary--your idea is great!!

Barabara

I am from Vancouver Canada Barbara. I think it would be great if we could have a self sustaining, synergistic Canadian expat community somewhere. Of course all kindred spirits would be welcome.Loja province so far seems like it might be a good place.

I am presently in Dominican Republic working on some small projects and doing some teaching. But Ecuador calls. The Embassy here is helping set up meetings with various governmental and university people to discuss a wide variety of economic, environmental and socially related projects.

My main interest if to set up a National Agro-Ecology Research Institute, Demonstration Educational Center & Extension Service. Using the latest up to date Scientific Innovative Designing concepts to build ecologically sustainable, environmentally friendly, hyper abundant organic agriculture systems and more resilient self sustaining communities.

:/ oops Vancouver Barbara forgot to answer your question :thanks::dumbom:

Hi, Paul!
Thanks for that--I think I mentioned I am from Calgary but born and raised in Winnipeg which I left back in 1989. I am in Cuenca--don't know about Loja but there are lots of fabulous places around here for such a project. And more Canadians!

MrNatural7 wrote:

My main goal is to set up a National Agro-Ecology Research Institute, Demonstration Educational Center & Extension Service. Using the latest up to date Scientific Innovative Designing concepts to build ecologically sustainable, environmentally friendly, hyper abundant organic agriculture systems and more resilient self sustaining communities.

Mr. Nat,

You'll want to hook up with the folks involved with the City of Knowledge in Urcuqui (ur-KOOKY), Ecuador, a couple of hours outside of Quito.  It's the Correa Administration's project to build a new Silicon Valley here.

Google the above and bring your networking skills to seek funding sources, information and like-minded folks who, like you, want the best for our planet and are willing to do what it takes and use 21st century technology to make a difference.

cccmedia, Quito

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Ecuador forum for a better visibility.