Plz give me advise on my ielts writting task about languages.

Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in this world.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

It's a fact - as 'tribes' ( a UN term) die out, so do their languages.

VietNam has, to a degree, suppressed the use of the minority languages.

There again, a country like Greece (Hy Lạp) has a 2014 population of 10,895,197 (Statistics Greece) and it's language is flourishing and continues to affect other languages.

Still searching job?
You have lot of time  :)

charmavietnam wrote:

Still searching job?
You have lot of time  :)

humm, i'm having annual leave but just untill the end of this week.

Jaitch wrote:

It's a fact - as 'tribes' ( a UN term) die out, so do their languages.

VietNam has, to a degree, suppressed the use of the minority languages.

There again, a country like Greece (Hy Lạp) has a 2014 population of 10,895,197 (Statistics Greece) and it's language is flourishing and continues to affect other languages.

Did you mean: The more population a country have the more their language affect on. ?  i think i will use this point.

One more thing: Instances of cultural language differences are evidenced in that some languages have specific words for concepts whereas other languages use several words to represent a specific concept. BUT i couldnt find there specific example, can you help me?

Have you looked at writing samples for that particular question?  Google Hits

Teacher Mark wrote:

Have you looked at writing samples for that particular question?  Google Hits

oh great! thank you :x :x :proud

Ngocanhkdqt wrote:

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Herewith some ideas from my personal experience:

First of all, you should grasp some key techniques in developing your ideas/arguments which can basically be applied for any topics. You can accumulate this skill through frequent writing practices or just consult an experienced IELTS teacher/learner.

Second, 'agree' or 'not agree' is not really what the examiner do expect as they just evaluate your English writing skills. They want to see how you can write and discuss things in English, how you can interpret your point of views on things.

So, either "agree' or 'disagree' or even 'both', just be strong with your choice and try to convince others as much as you can :)

G'luck!