Criminal Record Kuwait

Hi All,

I have been offered a good position in Kuwait but I understand there is a Police Clearance involved, I have not been able to find a definitive answer to this question online so thought I would post.

I was banned from driving for 12 months in the UK in 2006 and this will show in a PCC, will this effect my ability to get a residency visa?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks

Are you sure it will be noted in PCC? If so, I think that would be a definite showstopper.

Definitely on the PCC b/c i have it, its never been a problem in Dubai/Saudi/Qatar but i dont know kuwait regulations.

Its that bad you think?

Good day ironicaardvark

This should not be a show stopper.  Most forms are not read even when translated into Arabic. All the guys look for is "no major crime." 

Anyhow the driving here is not that great to begin with so might be a plus.

Mario

12 months driving ban? You might get an award for that here :P

justfedup wrote:

12 months driving ban? You might get an award for that here :P

If anything, it makes him qualified to drive. :)

Well I sent all the docs through this morning... if it's a showstopper I'll know soon enough!! If it doesn't come off I've got another gig lined up for Qatar in February!

Thanks for the opinions gents.... will keep u posted in case interested!

Please do, I have been wrong more than once. Good luck!

just landed today gents! bit cooler than DXB here!!

As I understood, you are already in Kuwait. Did you have any problem with police clearance report? I have also a bad point in my record which happened 17 years ago? even though it was a minor one, but still I am worried about it.