Visa 20 to visa 22

Hi,
just wanna  know the requirements and procedure of transferring visa 20 to visa 22, a family visa to my husband...

thanks!
joy

Your question is very vague.
For which country you are asking for a visa and what is visa 20 and 22????

Oh.. I thought im in a kuwait blog. Anyone who's residing in kuwait, may I know your idea about this?
Thanks!

Dependent Visa [Article 22]
A male employee can sponsor his wife and his children as dependents in Kuwait, if he has a valid Kuwait Residence and  his minimum salary requirement to sponsor is limited to KD 250 per month. But Working wife cannot sponsor her husband as dependent.

Sons age over 21 years cannot be sponsored as dependents where as parents may sponsor his daughters up to marriage. Dependent family members may not work without transferring to a work visa under Kuwaiti sponsorship.

Domestic Servant's Visa [Article No. 20]

Resident Expatriate family can apply domestic visa for a female full time employee. Single man is not permitted to employ female servants. A man to sponsor a maid, he must have his wife and children living with him. The age limit for the maids between 20 and 50 years.
The immigration office will check the size of the home/flat, its monthly income and will check the family really need a maid etc will take into consideration before issuing a visa.

Hi Ace!
Thanx for the information. To be specific, I'm holding 20 visa
Can I possibly transfer it as family visa (visa 22) under my
Husband's sponsorship? What are the requirements?
Thanks to all!

hi joy my advice and the propare procedure, is your husband need to process it to immigration,he must apply for family visa for you which is 22 article visa, its all new process just like 20 to 18 or  22 and  22 to 18 eithier way ,must always process and back to new procedure ,first of all your husband must meet the salary requirment for applying the family visa,

if he meet the salary requirments its easy, he just need to go to immigration and apply for your family visa  then cancel your 20 visa then same time stamp your 22 visa there are no much requirment like 18 so its should be easy for him

Good luck having your 22 visa may god bless you

the first requirment is married contract aunthenticated from your both embassy if not same national or stamp by immigration if your marrage was here in the country second if your husband could meet the salary requirments then your medical

Oh... Thnx ellien but someone told me I also need to present a house contract,
Is it still necessary coz we don't own or renting a whole flat...
Thnx much for the info ellien!
God bless u too! ;>

hi joy no problem its my pleasure to help and share my knowledge regarding this matter. me my self holding 22 visa don't listen to anybody ,immigration has its own rules ok, they are the law they have the list of requirments and they the one who will ask the requirments they need, to approve your husband application when my husband apply for my visa he didn't show any house contract and the immigration didn't ask him for that,

the salary requirment or salary certificate it's well stand that your husband could afford to bring you here/ could sponsor you (that he could afford the cost of leaving her in kuwait) a lot of married couple here in kuwait are leaving in a share apartment and leaving in patition apartment.

for all I know the house contract required if a man non kuwait apply for maid or bring his child from out side the country 

two always you could have best imformation either you or your husband go to embassy of your national or direct to immigration

we have to many friend that go to this process some like you to many peolpe telling them deffrint ways, the best way go to immigration, if you both here and marry here its easy than you are out of the country

like you said you holding 20 visa
first of all, are you married here in kuwait or in you country before you got your 20visa or you get married with 20 visa

if you just get married
the requirments is married contract aunthenticated and translate to arabic if its in english or if it's not in arabic salary certificated your husband civil id copy his passport copy and resident copy which is his valid visa stamp in the passport and your passport copy,and your original passport to stamp your visa, if approve

if you are out side the country you need all the above and agency to process your visa and medical

take my advice so you will get peace of mind and right imformation, just let your husband go direct to immigration he could just ask the reqiurments first before he apply ...
or you could go to your embassy to ask for imformation

by the way what national are you , and your husband f you don't mind

I am from philipiness

That's much information ellien! Thank you!
We're both Pinoy & we got married in the Philippines
But all the papers are already translated here in Kuwait so
No problem for our papers.
Thank u again! Much appreciated!
God bless!

ellien is right.. all her information is 100% correct ..Thumbs Up

A male employee can sponsor his wife and his children as dependents in Kuwait, if he has a valid Kuwait Residence and  his minimum salary requirement to sponsor is limited to KD 250 per month. But Working wife cannot sponsor her husband as dependent.

Sons age over 21 years cannot be sponsored as dependents where as parents may sponsor his daughters up to marriage. Dependent family members may not work without transferring to a work visa under Kuwaiti sponsorship.

Hi good eve. I'm new here at this site.i want ask same question about transfer 20 to 22 visa.im new married here in kuwait my husband is Egyptian.before 2 years I'm holding 18 visa.i ask my employer to give me release he agree but he change my visa in 20. About I really want to get release for some reason I agree with my employee.last 2 days my papers in 20 visa finish  just waiting my employer to give release and take my paper.my husband salary 240 kd but this year will increase again.is it possible that my husband can give me visa.what are  the requirements I'm Philippine and my husband Egyptian.we married here at moj.which place we will go to process the paper?please I nid some information. Thank u so much and god bless

How long does it take to transfer 20 to 22 after submitting all the papers needed?

Hello fatima0413

Welcome to Expat.com.

Kindly note this thread is dated 2013 and chances for responses are dim.

You may create a new discussion on the Kuwait forum :)

Cheers

Mishna

Dear mam .nais ko po malaman .ano pong requirements ang kailangan para  mai transfer sa family visa?ok naman po ang salary braket .ang marriage contract po ba na sinasabi nyo ay kailangan eh red ribbon ?

Hi Emilyn72

Welcome on board :)

Can you please keep it in English on the Anglophone Forum

Thank you

Maximilien

Hi maam,
  Just im asking about my friend,she is indonesian nationality,she is merrage at same nationality she want to transfer her visa 20 to 22,what they have to do and what requirement?pls.i need ur answer...thanks.

And also maam both couple living in kuwait...thank you.

Good day...im asking help about my case..im 20 visa working in saloon im married here in kuwait we want to transfer my visa to 22 but my employer refused  to give realese the problem is im 6 months pregnant and cannot be able to work, as this work is getting hard for me now and my visa will soon expired (march 5 2017)  Please help me i need your advice...thank you! And may ALLAH bless you all..

Helo everyone. I just wanna ask if 20visa can transfer to family visa.? Thankyou.

Hi,I am so pleased reading your comment, coz I have the same problem Kabayan, I will get soon married insha'Allah and I need an enough information to boost my interest knowing that it is partly easy to transfer my visa 20 to visa 22. And alhamdulillah my Fiance meets the requirement salary, so he can soon transact that document insha'Allah.. have blessed day to you bhe 🥰

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please only post in English on the anglophone forum. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@joynestCan I cancel my visa without my sponsor next visa appy time 20 no drive visa

@Arshad Hasiri Hello,

Yu won't get any reply from this member. It's been 8 years since she posted on the website. Better you open a new thread or participate on recent threads of the Kuwait forum.

Regards

Bhavna