Snowboarding in the Middle East ... and not the Dubai snow dome!

I've been in Kuwait for a while now and have explored some of the surrounding countries – what I haven't done is get into any of the local(ish) snowboarding/skiing so as the weather starts to change (a bit) I started thinking of the upcoming winter season.  Last year I investigated Iran www.iranskitours.ir and was really surprised by the terrain and snow on offer.  Has anyone on here been skiing or snowboarding in Iran?  Would anyone be interested in going?  I appreciate the political situation is a matter of personal judgment but I'm hooked on the combination of relatively cheap, high mountains, great snow record.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who might know anything, can share some insight or might be interested in a trip

sounds like a plan!

the other option would be lebanon :/

I went once ages ago, so don't quite remember the details. Why not try Europe? Flights from Kuwait return are only less than 150kd. I went once to Bad Hazburg (Germany) and the total cost for flights plus 5 nights accommodation and ski package for less than 400kd.