Tanning in Kuwait

Good morning everyone, I was wondering are there good beaches in Kuwait for tanning? I heard that Hilton Hotel in Mangaf charges 25kd per person. Do you recommend similar beaches? And how much does each one charge? Thank you.

salmyia is better

no,dont go in Salmiya,as most of the people there come to checkout women and girls.it the worst for tanning,you will be harassed,people will try to get closer to your personal space,it will be disturbing for you.

You should probably look for the hotel or resorts on the beach,like the Jumeriah Beach, hilton Resort,the one at the marina beach,also massila beach charged 0.500KD when i last went,but it might have gone up to 1-1.500KD.but it is not that good as those you will find in Beach hotels and resorts. Dont know their prices,will have to check with them in person.

I wouldn't recommend tanning in Kuwait in general. Many times tanning in Kuwait becomes news.

if it is in resorts and hotels,i dont think so. It was in the public beaches,like in Juliaa Beach and in other distant coasts.There is a ban on women wearing swim suits and having BBQ on beachs.

There's a public park / beach in Mahboula behind Ruby Tuesday (Across from Starbucks) that seems okay. Not too many people use it that I've seen.

Yea probably ordinances prohibiting sunbathing... Didn't think about that.

I would prefer helton   mangaf, i was there it is good place for that or u can go to Messila beach. In all cases take care  sun may harm ur skin , you might do it early morning .

hi im woman from srilanka

@ ameysalmiya > Do you have something to share on this subject please?

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

I tan all the time in Kuwait... at the Corniche! I believe it's 25KD per person if you're not a member. The beach area isn't huge but there's a also a pool but most importantly I have never been bothered and looked at in a way that made me feel uncomfortable. There's also Shaab park next door which only charges 3KD (I think) but no guarantees on the stares there since I've never been myself.

You can sunbathe by the pool, in private at the top of the Safir Hotell in Fintas. Almost nobody goes there. It's nice and quiet, as well. If you get hungry, the restaurants are open to the public too.

the rate charged to enter is not always inversely proportional to the gawks and stares. perv's have money too :P

theres a spot next to fanar called Tan-Fastic, something ive never seen in kuwait - tanning salons!

depending on where u live, u can probably get it done on the roof.

as with everyhting - be careful.

I heard the Jumaira hotel "Massila" makes a special hen day or something like that where men are not allowed in, beach is fine there you might wanna go and ask to make sure though, I dont recommend tanning anywhere here, you know, culture stuff and that would sound weird for some narrow minded fellows around here... be safe, peace

general rule of thumb; the farther the beach, the better - pay to get in and enjoy.

word to the wise; do not attempt to drive out to khairan and tan thinking that no one will be there (and try to save a few quid), u would be surprised at how fast that place would fill up.

i would also say try the palms.

Hi,
you need to look into private hotels. I think the raddison have them and you can also tan at the Sheraton outdoor pool.

I usually tan in messila beach , but mostly holiday inn (no beach just swimming pool)

but with holiday inn comes the smell/ sight of the beach; so that is a good thing i guess :)

holiday inn is slightly small imo, needs to be bigger (the gym facilities etc) like its sister hotel, crown plaza.

Hi Petty33,
Shaab sea club has a private beach with only 3 KD entrance charge and you can have a bed, an umbrella with table. It locates in Gulf street next to Al Corniche club. Usually some families and singles spend their weekend there with fun, music, sunbathing etc. Although it is small and not luxury but it worth to try. It is safe too and no one will disturb you.

Beach at the palms hotel is nice fir tanning as well and it costs KD 20 and I guess Hilton Mangaf is 20 as well .

Thanks

OMG how people comment and reply..you can comfortably tan at any of the hotels by seaside. However, the more south you go the better and cleaner the water is, if you are into seawater.
Otherwise, Radisson Blu has a very nice club, they only charge KD15 per visit, you have the Movenpick Bidaa as well, its not bad, or the C club, adjacent to it

Also in shally try it there

No everyone has access to challets :)

1-Corniche
2-rotana al-manshar (roof pool)
hilton is very crowded i would say.

With this weather now tanning will be more like "Charring" :P

Well as a Kuwaiti citizen let me give you an advice, It 'll be more better to do tinning in a privet place as a hotel then doing it in another place that is for too many reasons and the must important reason is the Kuwaiti women if they see you tinning in a gym or in any other place where Kuwaiti men can see you they will call the police for you like they did before 3 or 4 years for an American lady when she was tinning in Kuwait towers beach.

Absolutely

Do you have to be a member of the Safir to use their pool?

Hi..
You can get in as a guest for a day use, uku just pay enterance fees. I guess its KD 15/- 
Where u can use pool, gym, sauna

I think Hilton resort at Mangaf will suit your needs where you can lie down wearing swimwear without bother. otherwise, public beaches are almost for family visits and perhaps it's difficult to swim or lie down there. You can ask about fitness clubs and beauty salons that offer such service.

Good luck :top: