Hello, I'm new to this forum

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member.  Currently I live in the US and would love to live in the Netherlands one day.  I am a US citizen but was born and raised in China.  I speak Mandarin (native tongue) and English (with native fluency) and some French.

I'd love to know everying about the Netherland, and will explore this forum and hopefully make some friends.

Best regards,

gech

Welcome on board.

You'll find a lot of useful information here.
What do you want to do in the Netherlands and what's attract you?

Everything, but I understand it's too vague.  I would like to settle in the Netherland in a few years (not to work), so I am starting to reading as much as I can about the country.  What attracts me is the laid-back way of life and its history and culture; the Dutch language may be a challenge, but I heard everyone there speaks English (but I want to learn).   I will start by learning the immigration procedures for US nationals.  If you or anyone can pass some links to information, that will be much appreciated.  Dank je!

You can start to read the sticky topic which is created at the general forum of the Netherlands " New to Holland".
There you find some useful links about immigration.

You made me smile why you attracted to the Netherlands:

laid back life: maybe at the countryside in very tiny villages but the life is very hectic, fast and stressful in the more major cities. This was one of the reasons for me to leave.
Not everyone can or want speak English, you have more change in the major cities but not in the countryside. If you have plans to live in a big city you will be fine but I advise you strongly to learn the language.

Thank you, Primadonna.  I am duly warned.  I will start with the forum you suggested and go from there. 

Best regards,

Gech.