How Can I move To The Netherlands to be with my Fiance??????

My Fiance and I have been together for almost 6 years! Now any we are both 18. I am trying to live in the Netherlands and we have been waiting for a long time so we could be together in the same place. We are sick of visiting for 3 months then having to leave again. Does anyone know a way that we can be together in the Netherlands without being 21 (they changed the rule as soon as i turned 18 so then is set our hopes back down again) we were think there would be a way to marry in another country and make it legal for us to live together or possibly marry in the Netherlands and make it legal. But how to we just get in the same house. please, please help, we are desperate for any ideas or suggestions. much thanks to everyone who helps us.

I would really appreciate it!
Thank you!

As far as we know, we have learned a few things about this.
We know most of the requirements.
The income we need to life together, that we both have a well payed job.

But see it's just very hard for us because we wanted it for so long. And then just when the moment came, it was all changed again.
And all we want is just to life together, and not anymore away from eachother.

We found allot of information and used it but sadly somehow...
It failed again cause the Dutch Embassy.
We would really be thankfull if there is like any-way..
We could get her here.. In the Netherlands..

hey may i ask what is your nationality?

ican see you are an american citizen. you can live in netherlands more than 3 months... just register to gemeentee and you wanted to live here in Holland. American citizens are exempted to have an MVV visa.

chessgame2002 wrote:

ican see you are an american citizen. you can live in netherlands more than 3 months... just register to gemeentee and you wanted to live here in Holland. American citizens are exempted to have an MVV visa.

Sorry, but that is not true.  Just because she is American and doesn't need a MVV visa, does not mean she can live here legally for more than 3 months.  I am also American, married to a Dutchie, so I can tell you from personal experience that that just isn't so.

You should refer to ind.nl for more information.  I can tell you that you and your partner may need to prove the seriousness of your relationship to IND.  Also, he would have to have a good job with a permanent contract and an income that meets IND requirements.  My situation is a little bit different as I am married to a Dutchie.  However, we had applied at an earlier time in our relationship for a partnership resident permit for me (not married), and it was denied.  I had a certain number of days before I had to leave the Netherlands for a period of time.  I am also not sure how it works for you and your partner since you're only 18 years old.  Again, he should check with IND for more information.  Bottom line is that he needs to prove that he can sponsor you to live here in NL, and he is responsible for you being here.

Hi there.

Yes. ItŽs better that you check it with the www.ind.nl for more information. If you are on the site by IND, check the residence wizard. I have just checked the site and as an american citizen you donŽt need an mvv. You are exempted to take an civic integration exam abroad. BUT, you have to meet the requirements like the age, and the most important is your financial status. These are the requirements if you are not an EU citizen. I guess as an american citizen, you have only very basic requirements to meet unlike the countries from the third world.

But I agree with you, better visit the site of ind or call them as they can give you a good advice.

Thank you for your help. But now its all changed. We just got married on the 21st of Feb. and well now it should be easier for me to move there. the only thing is our age  but even if we are married do you think there will be a way that we can live together. I hate that as soon as i turned 18 the rules change for the Netherlands that you have to be 21 to live here. just my luck i suppose.

Hi im here netherlands I cant take my sofi number for wok im have only american passport what can do some help me please im new here

sonyag0403 wrote:

Hi im here netherlands I cant take my sofi number for wok im have only american passport what can do some help me please im new here

I advice you to read the sticky topic "New to Holland" which has several useful links to help you out.

Good luck and happy searching!