Rent a Car on working visit visa ??

Hi, I am soon moving to Riyadh in KSA on a working visit visa. I have car allowance entitled to my grade but don't know if I can Rent a Car based on my Working Visit Visa?? Which car rental companies offer to rent a car on working visit visa. Also to mention here that I already have an valid UAE driving license and hence whether it is valid in KSA?

Regards

Saba

It is valid in KSA and u can rent a car from anywhere. Budget, avis or whatever.

Hi All,

I had mailed to car rental coy's and they stated that they do not provide car rental to anybody having haj, umrah & work visit visa. However they do it in case of business visit visa.

Judging by your name, I assume that you are a female. Even if you manage to get a rental car, what would you do with it? Women can not drive in KSA. All you can do is hire a driver with vehicle and pay him to drive you around. Or you can talk to rental companies and ask them to provide you a car with driver.

Bro.. don't judge by my name... I am a male .. n too stupid to post this query of I was a female n moving to KSA. The whole world knows that women are not allowed to drive in Saudi except in Aramco Dhahran.

Brother Saba,

I think we are mixing three issues,

(a) Renting a car can be done by a friend, colleague or your manager where you will be visiting during your short visit

(b) You could drive it legally on a UAE licence without any problems.

(c) I do not blame brother Arbab, the name Saba   which means ' fresh morning breeze'  in Urdu / Farsi/ arabic is a girls name but of course we live in a free world :offtopic:http://quranicnames.com/saba/

Thanks bro...I think that it would be illegal to rent a car on somebody's name having resident visa and allowing it to be used by another person... complications may arise if there happens to be an accident or during random shurta checks. I need to know whether it is possible to rent it on my name and I can claim back the expenses to the company.

Well, we do get such queries by females. Doesn't mean they are all stupid, its just that they come from different parts of the world and they have a little knowledge about local rules and regulations. That is why in the first place they ask the questions seeking the answers.

Coming back to your name, you clearly mentioned "Saba" at the end of your original post and Saba is a female name in my part of the world and I answered accordingly, so no need to be so pissy about it.

Good luck with finding what you were looking for.

I rented a car for the last three years under a working visit visa - try Avis... They are also good if you need a long rental (6 months or more) they actually turn out to be one of the cheapest options!

Dear Saba,

I tried to rent a car in working visit visa and all rent companies refused :( even I was having an international driving license. On my 3rd visit I figured out that I can rent a car from the airport :D with your passport and your driving license even if it isn't international but should be accepted here like your UAE one, I don't know maybe the system is changed or something like this, so try to get the car from airport I'm sure you could get one there .

Thanks all .... I will try that at the airport :)

Hi All, good news ...I was able to rent the car from Riyadh airport without any questions probably coz I had a valid UAE license and working visit visa. Moreover you can also bargain on the rates as there's plenty of car rental operators available.... But always rent it from a reputed car rental company to get a hassle free conditioned and clean car. Take full insurance coverage. Ensure that you have a credit card in your name.
Regards

Saba

Good,

All is good that ends well.

So the moral of the story is  that after all, SABA is a boys name :kiss::kiss:

Hey guys, i too will be travelling on working visit visa for smaller duration probably 6 weeks. I dont have an international license but do have a valid india license. Can i rent a car? I will be coming down to Dammam.

You can if you have a membership with the global agencies like Avis back home, and you must have a Saudi or an international driving licence. Otherwise, it can possible to rent from smaller agencies who can bear that risk.

Usually, you need to have an iqama to be able to rent a car.

Hi,

I don't think that you can't rent a car on Indian license as in India we follow the Right Hand Drive rule and drive manual cars... But here it is all LHD and automatic transmission... Get a International Driving license made in India.. Probably that May get accepted here.

Thanks for the response @sabaashraf and @mfsakr!
In that case i dont have any options then. So can you guys also tell me what will be the convinient mode of transport there? Are taxi's easily available and what is the cost of taxi there?

You would have seen Saba's pic before making a coment.

syed mujtaba wrote:

You would have seen Saba's pic before making a coment.

No, he didn't have the picture that time.

My query is same as that of desisanghai. If I have an Indian during licence ( not international) and a visit visa, how can I rent a car ?

Hello knowgrowlive,

This thread hasn't been active since 2014.

Could you please open a new thread on the Saudi Arabia forum and ask your question?

You are more likely to receive replies by doing this. :)

Best of luck,

Diksha
Expat.com team

@Arbab don't spread false information women are allowed and driving since 2020.

@Arbab don't spread false information women are driving since 2020.

Closed