Australians or New Zealanders

Hey I just moved to Maastricht and I'm finding it hard to meet New Zealanders there's not many of us around so hopping to get in touch with some kiwis or Aussies :)

Hi Simo!

Maybe you don't find your compatriots because moving to Europe is difficult for you. It's too far and you need many papers to live here. It is the same for us: Australia and New Zealand fascinate us a lot, but moving there is very difficult.

Good luck,
Licia

Welcome on board.

Maybe the network section in the green banner above the page can help you out.

Happy searching!

Lucky you! We used to live in Maastricht and it's still our favourite city. Good food and warm people. Can't wait to move back.
My ex-neighbour's wife is a Kiwi but we lost contact with them. Have you tried the Irish pub at Wyck? I think there is an Aussie pub too along the river.

Check out the wine bar "Via Mucca" at Koestraat, the currently most happening wine bar in town. for Euro3.85 (something like that) you get endless selection of wine.

Are there warm people in this country?! Ahahahahahaha!!!

Apparently they all live in Maastricht. They are the friendliest bunch in the whole country.

I don't know... I only know that making friends here is a losing battle! :(

Hi Licia, south Holland apparently is much better than North Holland! But generally south of Netherlands is friendlier than the "Hollanders". I enjoyed my stay a lot in Maastricht with super friendly neighbours and people. This is not the same since we moved to Haarlem.

In Maastricht people like to chat up with strangers. You can be having a conversation with your friends at a bar and suddenly the people sitting next to you will join your conversation without being invited to do so!

Maastricht is a completely different country all together.

Then, it is like Italy! I come from Northern Italy and people living in the Southern part of the country are warmer than us! :D