Help us decide on a car

hello everyone
its been nearly 4 months and we still don't have a car!!! we have 3 kids and 4th on the way so we are kinda looking for a 7 seater. I like to buy a Toyota Fortuner but my husband wants a Ford explorer. I have 70% convinced him on a Toyota fortuner any personel experience?? and how comfortable are the back seats?? is Toyota fortuner a good family car??
or is Rav4 enough for a family of 6!! hoping to get some good answers...
Thanks

Ford explorer has much better seats than a Rav 4 or Fortuner and good leg space. I have been in all. Fortuner has probably the worst seats ever. The cabin in Fortuner is small and it has seats from a hilux. I would definitely NOT go with Fortuner for family of 6. Explorer is a wise option if that is what comes in your budget.

If comfort is your main priority, I'd say go for the Explorer. The Fortuner is basically a Hilux pickup turned into an SUV, so it isn't exactly the best family car. As a Rav4 owner myself, i'd say stay away from it as it's way to small for a family of 6 and the ride quality is surprisingly shocking.

Cheers.

Rav-4 is too small.  The ride in the Fortuner is not good, that's what I have heard from a few people.  If you want Toyota/Japanese, go for Toyota Prado, or even better, a Land Cruiser.  Mitsubishi Pajero is also a good option.

Go for explorer, fortuner is not a good option it was poor cabin, and the last row is useless.

Thanks everyone, yes we have decided to go for a ford explorer...

rizi1 wrote:

Thanks everyone, yes we have decided to go for a ford explorer...

Good choice. Did you consider Mazda cx9?

Like most said here, No fortuner, but other options you can consider are

1) Mazda CX-9
2) Volvo XC-90
3) Honda Pilot
4) Dodge Durrango
5) Jeep
6) Ford Expedition

Both Volvo & Mazda have a high rating for collision safety.

Also Lexus now has a promo where you put 50 % down payment and 0% interest for 48 months and You can get the luxury edition of Prado which they call it GS 400 I believe.

It has been 4 month, and in this country it can take longer, took me 3 years to make up my mind on a car that I wanted to enjoy.

You can wait till Ramadan as some dealers offer better prices, specially ALJ, but make up your mind in first week because the delivery of vehicle will be delayed due to demand unless it's cash. The GMC dealer is rumored to have clearance price on Yukon and Tahoe.

Hi hamudi,
As of now we r in Bahrain...and we r planning to buy a another car for my husband to use in going to and from alkobar...then by next year we r settling in Dhahran kobar...what will happen to my husband Bahraini driving license & plate number of the car???r we going to change it???and how???

Hi,
Yes you will have to get new registration for your vehicle and also a valid driving license for Saudi, if you are on a residence permit in Saudi. Look up the forum for "how to" it has been posted before.

Regards

live.ali wrote:

Hi,
Yes you will have to get new registration for your vehicle and also a valid driving license for Saudi, if you are on a residence permit in Saudi. Look up the forum for "how to" it has been posted before.

Regards

Yea that^

But I also believe that since husband has Bahraini license it can be traded it for a Saudi one easily ?

hamudi wrote:
live.ali wrote:

Hi,

Regards

Yea that^

But I also believe that since husband has Bahraini license it can be traded it for a Saudi one easily ?

True. Any GCC driving license can be traded for Saudi one.

will consider mazda if we come across .. have you got one for sale?? ;)

No not really, one of my friend has made up his mind for cx9, so just recommended.

Ford has the Worst Resale Value.

trytobekool83 wrote:

Ford has the Worst Resale Value.

If you're buying a car for resale purpose then go for Toyota...or else don't think of reselling if buying cuz that will always be on the back of your mind

FORD - Fix Or Repair Daily