Good universities in france

can anyone suggest me some good universities in France that have Chemical Engineering department?

Most accredited universities in France that have a program will have a reasonably good program.  There are standards to be met in the west and scam universities do not survive long before they get shut down.  Just look for Universities in France in general and then look for the Chem-E program, you will find plenty.   

You might also look at universities in Belgium, Switzerland and Quebec, Canada if you want to study in French.  Your French had better be near perfect to attempt university in a foreign language.

Thank you very much for your suggestion..I'll proceed as suggested......

Nice Sophia Antipolis is one of the best French universities for your area of expertise. You can also apply for a grant from Agence Universitaire de La Francophonie; They help out students who wish to pursue their study in French.

The University of Toulouse II Le Mirail is not bad either.
Bonne continuation pour votre projet.

Dear Emka, I'm not go to do studies in French. I'm looking for a research position in catalysis in France. Hence, I need universities with Chemical Engineering Dept.

Catalysis....  Like polymerization by way of catalytic reaction?  That is an old and well developed field, I would expect that most of the research is being done by the big oil or petrochemical companies.  Dupont, Dow, BASF, Shell, most coating manufacturers.......  There should be opportunities in India as well as internationally if you are a solid organic chemist.

What is the connection to France if not the language?  Why Universities instead of industry?  What level research are you looking at?  Are you interested in a PhD program?  Post Doc?

I have just finished my Ph.D in heterogeneous catalysis. Right now looking for postdoctoral position in the areas like conversion of biomass, CO2 capture or sequestration.

Greek to me but cool, current and green.

I would start by searching papers and who is funding what.  There are some big players on the industrial side and they will each have a set of pet schools that they sponsor for their research.  (Do not discount the US for this one, unless French is important).  There is massive funding being thrown around for biomass fuel projects and everyone is getting in the game. 

Try the traditional refining areas, those are where the schools are that the big fuel interests support.  Whatever schools are near the refineries are going to be high on the lists.  Before they can hire you, they will need the funding.

Thank you. Yes I'm also looking in every country, the first priority being US, However, I like French so I'll be happy if I get position in France as both my wishes will be fulfilled....

I understood that you don't want to study French. I mentioned the AUF because they help foreign scientists and researchers who choose to work their magic in France.

And have you though about Franche-Comte University? My boyfriend's on PhD there in Optics department and his going to write his thesis in English, so does all his other researches. Yet, he had to take a few French courses too, but he was offered free language courses prior to that.

They have a solid Chemistry faculty too. Here's a link to the site: http://www.univ-fcomte.fr/

oh thanks emka...I will try to check it out...