French university tuition for language courses

Hello all,

I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to enroll in public french university just for language courses?
2. If yes, how much does it cost for third country national (non-EU international student)? I understand it may vary between different schools, but what is the average cost for tuition?

Many thanks!

Alliance Francaise is a good option! The tuition for beginners is $293 per week in the summer and gets cheaper the more weeks you want to be there to study. There is a Paris alliance Francaise web site for mor information. They also have inexpensive housing while going to school.  Good luck!

Thank you for your response. Do you know how many hours/week of class one should be taking in order to get long-term stay visa as a non-EU national?

You can contact Alliance Francaise and find out.  Also check visas for France, I'm sure they specify this information.  All this information is on line.  :)

I know you can stay for 3 mos without a Visa. That would be great if you can take classes during that time.  You could then get your foot in the door and find out while you are there everything you need to know. Also, making good connections during that time is a plus. 

Good luck, Lara

[moderated : No free ads] Please post an ad in our section Profession spaces in France

Hi, I love this idea... I will certainly be I. Touch when I know what week in Sept I can be free to come stay/study and cook!
Thanks so much for this post! I certainly need all the help I can get with learning French!
Gail
[email protected]

Hi,
I will be happy to welcome you to Thourie. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

Toulouse is a very nice town. My son lived in Toulouse for 2 years. He liked it
Solange

Thanks Solange,
I looked at your website and am definitely going to plan a stay with you. I just have to wait to see what week I can have free from work in September.
Thank you
Gail

salut ! je me present au Nom de Didima matondo delor, d orgine congolais de Kinshasa Rdc . je suis en afrique du sud pour de raison personnel. je pense passer dans l'universitE politique de france .... commrnt pourrai-je fair......

Bonjour,

Je ne peux pas vous aider dans ce domaine.
Cordialement

pour quoi?

je n'y connais rien en études politiques, vous pouvez vous renseigner près de l'ambassade de France dans votre pays.

ok merci beaucoup