Just got offer

Hi just got an offer from Oman, The offer is 1000/- RO (all inclusive other than Medical, air ticket, bonuses etc). I am married and have a 3 years old child. Is it a good salary for a a man with 7 plus years of experience in IT.? Can I save reasonable amount with this salary?

Looking for your prompt advice.

Thanks

Can anyone please rely. its urgent!!

R.O. 1,000/- per month for a family of 3 is not really a great salary, since you would have to pay for everything yourself.

You may be able to save (but not much) if you lead a very frugal life after all your monthly expenses like house rent, electricity and water bills, telephone, GSM and internet bills, transportation, et al.

Thanks for your reply. What if they offer me RO 1200/-? What is the rent of 1 and 2 bed furnished house?

Waiting for your reply

Thanks

abuhamzah wrote:

Thanks for your reply. What if they offer me RO 1200/-? What is the rent of 1 and 2 bed furnished house?

Waiting for your reply

Thanks

Rents for 1 BHK apartment vary by area. You can get a 1BHK as low as OMR 150 a month and as high as OMR 300 a month. Similarly, a 2 BHK will be in a range of minimum OMR 250 to a maximum of OMR 500.

Considering yor 3 years old child, an approximate monthly grocery expense will be OMR 200 - 300 (Depending upon how you spend). Subsequently, deduct approximately OMR 60 - 80 for Electricity + Water + Gas + Internet/Phone, that again depends upon your usage.

As Mr. Sumitran said, the potential of savings will not be much, however OMR 1200 is somehow an acceptable salary to lead a peaceful life here.