New members of the Qatar forum, introduce yourself here

I am a friend man , like social people. ,I work as senior electrical engineer.

Hi all,
Hopin all of u are fine
I am Mr. Zeitoun from Egypt , I am lookin for a job as a medical representative or a pharmacist in Qatar or Bahrain
Looking for a help from that helpful forum
Thanks cheers :thanks:
ahmed_ztoun(at)yahoo.com :)

Hello All

I will be moving to Qatar in January from South Africa as I have been fortunate to have been offered a job with a large company. I have no idea on what to expect and will be coming all by myself so excited yet a little nervous. If anyone has any advice on the best way to meet people or any advice at all I would appreciate all your help.

See you in a couple months time :)

Chris

Hey there!!!

Came from the US DC area couple of weeks ago... my free hotel month is about to expire lol so im looking for a place to rent... for not i think ill just extend the stay using my housing allowance..

Qatar so far is great, had fun drinking with bunch of other expats with my company... however im looking for adventures group.. enjoy the activities here while I can.,.. 4x4 driving, water skiing, fishing, camping etc..

Also looking for squash and tennis players here...

any advise is appreciated and im actually looking forward... tomorrow is thanksgiving and we are having a nice party :) cant wait to get my liqueur licence!

Thank you for the thread Jay! I would assume you guys have some insight here? a small introduction?

Thanks my friend,
Please tell me how can I get one Electric Engineer job? I am EEE
Thanks.

Do u people know where I can join the ladies football team eaither for fun or something.. I need to know the good place for that or if any of u girls are playing, please let me know.. Thanks!  :)

Greetings all, and much appreciation for this website.

I am a mathematics teacher from the Washington DC area. I will be retiring soon to follow my wife to Doha as she has been offered a job at SIDRA.
I have many initial questions but here is a starter. I am wondering if most people bring their stereo, computer and gaming equipment to Qatar and buy a power converter or just buy all new equipment when I get there.

Anthony

Hi
I am new in qatar and living in hotel in West bay. Don't know where can I spend time or find friends.

Hi dear,

Me too new here in Doha living in hotel La villa Near Gold shouk and Cerwa Bu station.
I think is better to live together in a flat room, so expenditures can be reduced.
Thanks

From past experience... many equipment say they are 110 to 240volts.. if that is the case than you are fine.. if not, voltage converters are not the most convenient way to go, they are 50$+... so unless you have something you really like then dont bring them.

FYI Qatar is all tax free, so prices are not that expensive. Also as for game i think there is the EU (PAL format) and USA standard, even for XBOX and PS.. Personally i dont have neither, but you should do some research on that.

Hope i helped out

Champions is a nice bar to start with... there is the Souq as well (local shopping market)... message me if you need more assistance

If you find a place, I am interested in sharing an apartment/house near west bay or anyplace between westbay and airport.. budget up to 7k

Hi,
I have no time to research it.
Thanks.

same boat here.. Good luck

Thanks for the info Walee !

Hello Group,

I have just arrived to Doha and looking to share or find a furnished Studio in the West bay or north side of Doha.

My budget is 5,000QAR.

As for a bit of back ground....I am a British male, with family planning to join me in a year.

Dominic Barlow

I've been in Qatar for sometime now but in need of good friends to mingle with.

Maxwell is the name, am 30 yrs old, got a job offer in Qatar, hope to move soon

What is that?

Hi

I'm Ridhaa from Sri Lanka, in late 30s, married twice, have two step kids, running a retail mother and baby care outlet in Colombo but originally from the beautiful hill capital of Sri Lanka, Kandy. Was brought up running around amongst trees, jungles, mountains, streams and waterfalls.

SL has become a very difficult place to live when you are a practicing Muslim! I fear for my kids' future and cost of living is ever increasing whereas income is stagnant or dropping. Political situation is very unstable especially with the announcement of new elections in January and the current regime facing quite a lot of negativity.

In this background I have been planning to migrate and have explored Australia and Malaysia and just yesterday a friend mentioned why not Qatar! So, I am here to try to find out if Qatar is a good choice for us and the finer points of migrating to Qatar and living there!

I have been in the business of imports, wholesale and retail since 1998. I do not possess any qualification beyond my London A/L in science stream which I passed quite well after being told by my father that I cannot study any further due to financial issues! I have quite a lot of experience in trading/importing and have a lot of connections in China, Malaysia and India. I also have a liking for tourism.

I hope the nice people in this forum will be able to help me out.

Thanks and best regards - Ridhaa

Hi every one, I'm Elias, 24. am a civil engineer who live and work on Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I'll be so exited to get an opportunity to work in Qatar. if you wants to contact me:-
email: [email protected]
phone no: +251912458600, Thanks.

Hi all,
Hopin all of u are fine
I am Mr. Zeitoun from Egypt , I am lookin for a job as a medical representative or a pharmacist in Qatar or Bahrain
Looking for a help from that helpful forum
Thanks cheers :thanks:
ahmed_ztoun(at)yahoo.com :)

Hi  All

We are a family in South  Africa , husband  has been offered a position in  Doha  in construction  industry .
I am very concerned as we have a Pug along with 3 other dogs .
I have researched and found that Pugs are restricted breed is this so  and has any one  else managed to relocate with a Pug

Please help
Nevermind  the two small children we will  have  to bring with us too lol But dont worry about them its allabout the  PUG PUG PUG  it 's all about the PUG

Hi, I'm Elias, 24 civil engineer looking a job in Qatar..is there any help I can possible find to start a job. Thanks.
email: [email protected]

Hello walee I can offer you a place in a villa on D ring road

Hello!! there newbie.. need help from u guys... introduce qatar live and living..  :/

I am looking one place in  vila in D-ring road, lease offer it to me in details.
Lutfur Rahman

[Moderated: No free ad]

Sorry,
I am single and no family and my budget is not exceeding 3k/month.
Moreover, Thank you so much.
Lutfur.

Good,

But I am a single person.
I need a single room or sharing room with any family for a period of 3 months only.
Doha proper is first priority otherwise C-ring road/D-ring road, old salata, Al Saad area.

If you can expend your valuable time for me,I will be happy,  I need your help in this regard.
Regards.
Lutfur.
[email protected]

Sorry cant help you

My vote is Malaysia you will bebjustblike home

hi, I am new on d blog. Hav been here in Doha for quite some time now. Was in the UK doin my postgraduation.

Wud luv to meet up, lov socializing. Any alumnus out there?

Go to Malaysia Association in Qatar MAQ, you can post a lot of question there, and what do ubexpect to have?

Hi,
My self George Giri. I was working in Qatar in early days. Moved back recently to Qatar from Erbil. Working with my own business ownership in Qatar. Mostly to MEP contracting, Safety and security materials, Packing and Trading (Import and Export).

Heyyy , how are you wale :) ive been wanting to meet new people over here and show them around , so if your intetested , we can meet up ??

Hi, I just moved to Doha last week.  I am looking for a place to rent, which, hasn't been easy.  budget is 4,000 Riyal.  Anyone have any suggestions or advice.  I am looking for a flatmate.

Hi! Seeking a western flat mate!:)

Hi everyone.

I've been in Qatar going on 3 months now.I am from South Africa and working within the hospitality industry.

Looking to explore a bit,greet,meet and socialize.

Would love to meet you.

Hi,
I am Eastern expat, looking room/sharing with flat. I am single and businessman.
[email protected]

Closed