Where should I start??

I recently found out I inherited a SIZEABLE amount of money. I am a former marine and have always tried to be patriotic, but I utterly despise what my country has become. I want out, however I don't even know where to begin. My inheritance is in probate still, so I have time as I have been very poor for the last ten years, but figure in 6 months that will change. I will not be working as I basically intend to retire and just chill. Can somebody help me or point me toward a service? I don't even have a passport yet, and don't know if I need one for a permanent relocation.

I take it that you are an american, and from the profile picture you have, i take it that you may be someone of right wing political ideology, annoyed by obama and his policies and so on, therefore wanting out of usa.

Well, if that is the case, i dont think that spain is the place you are looking for, for you will find out that left (true left, not the center-right democrats posing as left in usa), is dominant political mentality here, and in many parts of europe except uk. For example, things like the right wing in america is irritated about - universal healthcare, unemployment aid, aid for poor, single mothers, free or near-free higher education - are taken as basic, normal things that should be present in a civilized society. The current right wing government is cutting down a lot of them with the pressure from institutions like eu and imf, and this is causing great distress and reaction in population.

Even with the sociopathic cuts they are doing, you should still expect to pay good amount of taxes in your earnings or spending (18% vat on each purchase inside spain or from eu countries), which will be not only used to assist the poor, unfortunate as much as what assistance programs are left, but also bail out banks here which failed due to the fractional reserve lending/hedge fund scam wall street perpetuated around the world over mortgages. Not to mention payment for universal health care, income tax (if you incur any) and whatnot.

Leave aside the fact that poor, unfortunate is not stigmatized and looked down in spain as they are in usa, but people think and feel that they should be helped - you will find various programs on national tv that show the plight of people fallen on hard times, having difficulties - and they are not reality shows like that ex supermodel or whomever is doing in usa about homeless.

Therefore if you jump into spain with those emotions, you could later find out that you may not be so comfortable here.

UK is currently a suitable place for right wing ideology with cameron and other thatcher's ilk beefing up their benefits and giving tax breaks to rich backers while cutting down on people's securities, and a surprising number of population in uk backing that villainy - putting seniors out of their homes and implementing bedroom tax on people who are trying to cram many families into houses so they wont go homeless and whatnot.