Looking for a room in KL Sentral

Hi,

I have recently relocated to KL from New Delhi; currently staying in Office Guest house. My office is in CyberJaya. I will be travelling through CyberJava DTS bus. Kindly assist to find a decent place to stay in KL Sentral.

For security reason I am not mentioning my contact number here.

Kindly message me if you want to contact me. I will respond you immediately.

Thanks.

The places to look are:
ihomerent.com
iroomrent.com
ibilik.my
mudah.my

I would suggest to stay in cyberjaya , now a days kl sental is not safe . Crime rate very high in few months .i guess u do not know most of expat moving to cyberjaya bcoz of that .Else stay little bit far places like - bangsar and bangsar south .

One thing to take into consideration is your lifestyle and what you like to do when you have freetime and want to socialize. Cyberjaya is known to be a place with NO ENTERTAINMENT. There is no advantage moving to Bangsar as if you look up the transport routes, as they are very time consuming and can be rather expensive as the train stops at Putrajaya from Sentral, and it needs a bus or taxi to Cyberjaya. itself.

Hi Tanujajai,

Unfortunately the public transportation from Bangsar to Cyberjaya is not good. South Bangsar has an advantage that it has an LRT station but aside from that there is not much else there. My own recommendation would be the KL Sentral area. Some of the older condominiums there such as Suasana Sentral have a strong Indian presence and are not all that expensive but still quite nice and you can find rooms for rent there on the notice board or just contact the Management office. Also, being walking distance from Little India is a bonus and of course there are many indian restaurants and stores selling Indian produce. Currently they are developing KL Sentral area quite a lot so apart from being KL's main transport hub, they are building new shopping malls, condominiums and office blocks. Apart from these obvious advantages, the National Museum, KL Bird Park, Orchid Gardens and Butterfly Park are also quite close. Not to mention KL Sentral being just 5 minutes away from downtown.

I totally agree that living in Cyberjaya would be boring as there is absolutely nothing there, especially if you are living by yourself.

Good luck!

Scott Sentral is quite popular and at the quieter end of Brickfields. The rents are under RM3k per month rather than RM4k-8k per month at some of the other newest condos.

You could also try checking out www.iproperty.com.my as they have listings for Brickfields. You do not have to pay fees to get the help of a real estate agent, as the owner gives them a fee.  You will need to make a deposit though. If you rent a condo it will be 2 1/2 months of the rent chargeable + you pay the first month in advance = 3 1/2 months in one upfront payment. Be a little cautious about the lease as if you sign for one year and want to move out, you are still liable to pay all the one years rental, unless a break clause has been inserted that gives you this option without penalty.

Hi Tanujajain,

If you are looking for a room and not an apartment then you can expect to pay around RM800 to RM1200 per month, if not, then RM2.5k to RM3k is considered good in KL Sentral area.

Personally, I have only eaten in Little India once, and it was not bad. I really do enjoy Banana Leaf food though and try to enjoy it at least a couple times every month. Madras curry goes through me like a knife through butter. I once worked in Bhubaneshwar as a Consultant for six months and after a particularly unpleasant meal I nearly threw up.

Mike

Agents also help find flat sharing in some cases as they may have several seekers at a time. But best to try the links provided earlier.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for reply and guiding me here..  As I have taken a look around in cyber jaya and KL Sentral as well from where I can take direct CyberJaya DTS bus, I a. Looking for a room in near by condos. I am. Of looking for entire unit, only room...prefrably master bed room because of attach bathroom. Please share some number if you know any agent or direct number who can help me out to search a decent place to stay. Thanks :)

Hello Mike...

Thanks a lot for reply and guidance. I am looking for a room..prefrably master bedroom..I am fine with rent...about food being a pure vegitarian I am planning to cook...as its being difficult for me to have outside food here..I am not liking it much..:( ...please share some agent no if you have. :)..Thanka

I am checking on websites also. .but have not got anything good as of now..most of the rooms are occupied.... :(

If you can't find what you are looking for, then you could lease a two bedroom, two bathroom condo and sublet the remaining room/bath to someone who you would like to share with and who has the same habits.  Lots of people end up doing it this way, because they can't find rooms.

Hi Tanujajain,

I'm not sure if any of my agent contacts deal in rooms but I will ask them.

As a landlord, I wouldn't recommend renting an entire apartment and subletting a room because not only would you need to come up with 3 1/2 months rent (2 months deposit + 1 month advance rent + 1/2 month utilities deposit) right at the start but you will also take on a big risk should you not be able to find a sublet tenant. Plus, any damages caused by your sublet tenant could be deducted from your deposit by your landlord. Far better to stick to finding a room.

Mike

I agree with tanujajain, the rooms market has become very saturated with demand and supply balance changing over the past year. This has partially been because the mean age of people coming to work (or those doing internships say at the embassies) is definitely lower. However, there is always a regular stream of people from India looking for place to stay and you can find some of the discussions on this forum.  They will by now have found a room and may be able assist you, because they have been through the process. Of course you would not choose to share a place with someone who you did not trust to live respectfully and who would treat your surroundings badly and do damage. That is just a scaremongering approach and being pessimistic rather than optimistic.  Of course, the idea is that you an a trusted person go into the sharing situation from the beginning and share all costs.

I will send you a contact of someone who has a master room available from February to your private mail.

I think you should stay in Cyberjaya or Putrajaya  if you take a place near KL Sentral then ever day a problem for you of convince.

One option is to look for condominium / flats in and around Selak Selatan / Bandar Seri Permaisuri. Got good access to train/bus to commute to Cyber Jaya. Lot of units available for rent.

VJ

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum. Post your advert on the Flats for rent in Kuala Lumpur section.]

Hello Everyone...I have already got the accommodation.

Thanks a lot everyone for your inputs and guidance.

I highly appreciate and time of all of you. :)

Thanks
Tanuja

Congrats. That's great to know.