Holiday In Jordan

hello its my first time ill stay in Jordan for long holiday specially now in winter season

i wanna make new friends here :)

Marhaba G5h,

Ahlan wa Sahlan fi Urdun, welcome on board to this site and welcome in Jordan.

Do you have any suggestions?

Actually I dont have plan yet
but maybe ill go to Aqaba because Amman being too cold for me

if you come to petra you will be my gust

What's the easiest way to get to Petra from Amman?  Our problem is that we are 5 people and cannot fit in one taxi and they are super expensive as well... Any suggestions that might be useful?  Thanks

Take the Jett bus, it will cost you 6 or 7 JD p.p.
There are two bus stations where you can depart and arrive: the North station is at the seventh circle and the South station is at the local market in Wahdat.
It is useful to make a reservation at forehand.

Great - thanks a lot for the info :)

yes there is locale buss from Wahdat, south bus station by 5 or 7 JD to petra and there are bus to petra leaves from jett office located in Abdali. 10 JD to petra,and if  you arrive  her and  you need any help try to contact me at this email
hwatats(at)gmail.com

Thanks so much for all the info... can this trip be done in one day - go there, spend time sightseeing and then come back?

yes  you can doit by one day to some of  petra,as i'm from locale how is  born in the cave ,for  one  day you cant  see all petra you need  at lest 3 days but if  you in harry yes you can see some of the pleases  ,so if  you need me   to host you in little  petra you and  your friends  you most welcome . let me  know

Like Desertwolf said it can be done in one day but not when you go by the Jett bus.
And Petra does not deserve to visit for a few hours but at least a whole day, or better for a few days.
If you still want to do this in one day I advise you to rent a car so you can leave very early in the morning and go back after closing time.

Hi,

You can hire a Van which fits 6 to 7 people comfortably.
If you are going to Petra with Jett Bus you will miss a lot of beautiful places on the way ( as they are a little off track), so its better to hire a Van with an experienced driver who knows these places.

I am an Expat working as Destination consultant for Jordan, If you need any help let me know. Here is my Email: [email protected]

Have a great day!

Keep smiling!

I've heard that you need to spend a bit more time... Thank you for the feedback and offer to assist - much appreciated.

Thank you for the info - I'm getting a lot of similar feedback about not spending only one day.  Perhaps it will require more than one day then.  I will be in touch if I need more info.

That makes sense - it just seems a bit on the pricey side but perhaps this trip requires more careful planning than just hopping onto a bus there and back.  I also know about Mount Nebo and those type of places - not sure if it's on the way to Petra though?

I will keep you in mind when we start planning - appreciate the kind feedback.

If you take the Kings Highway it cost you a day driving but it is really worth it.
You can visit Madaba en Jabal Nebo and you drive through the amazing Wadi Mujib and see some other beautiful places.

If, and I say IF, you want to visit Petra and take the time, you can buy a ticket for three days, it is less expensive then a ticket for one day. You have the time to discover Petra on your own.

Hi Beulah:

I would agree with everyone who says that you will be very disappointed with your decision if you try to see Petra in one day, especially if you are traveling to and from Amman on the same day. 

Also, don't forget that Wadi Rum (slightly further than Petra) is probably the second best tourist site in Jordan (at least in my opinion).

I would say allow two days for Petra and add an extra day for Wadi Rum. 

For some Deep Zoom photos of each one see deepzoomtravels.com/jordan/

I would also suggest looking at "Things to See in Jordan" on TripAdvisor.com

Cal

Great tips - thanks Cal.

I've got to just plan properly but I guess the snow that started falling overnight is going to put a bit of a time delay on my plans :)

Thanks again for responding.

Thanks for the info!  I will make sure I plan properly and I've got so much good advice now from everyone that it's bound to be a trip to remember!