Furniture shipping

Hi everyone,

We are moving to belize in january from the UK and we need to find out how to get a licence to move wooden furniture to belize and how much it costs

talk to john henry.  he shipped things from the UK to Miami to Belize.  it was neither quick or easy.   you can find him on these postings or go to his blog on the home page, about building his house on Ambergris

thanks for the advice but we have been told by so many people just to sell and by new out there as its going cost a large amount to get our things into the country.

Hello friends. We will be moving within the next 5 months we are from denver c . Having a hard time finding a reasonable mover  have decided not to take furniture but don't know how to ship personal stuff Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello friends. We will be moving within the next 5 months we are from denver c . Having a hard time finding a reasonable mover  have decided not to take furniture but don't know how to ship personal stuff Any help would be greatly appreciated

sheryl rodina wrote:

On the top right hand side of the page there is a category box. Click on moving and read through the posts there.

Thank you for ur inpu . Still haven't found movers from this area

are you QRP or going for Permanent resident?    There is a guy who drives from Houston.  I hear his rates are about the same as water shipping.   We shipped out of Florida using Hyde.   We had no problems.   If you are looking for cheap shipping, you are wasting your time.   If money is a major issue for you, then Belize may not be the place for you.   Houses, land and unskilled labor are relatively inexpensive in Belize.   They are not cheap.   Relative to the Pacific & Atlantic coasts in the USA, property is less expensive.   for example  a water front lot (not sea front, lagoon frontage) will be about $125000 US dollars in Northern Belize.  Not on Ambergris and not Placencia.  Everything else will be more expensive.   Utillities and groceries are Higher.

Hi Sheryl. I regularly ship to Belize, and like mzcalifornia, use Hyde Shipping out of Ft. Lauderdale. Hyde has a website so you can get a quote if you know the approximate weight of your goods. My contact at Hyde is Mr. Benny Torres. I used to ship out of Houston, but found it to be more expensive. Another issue that you need to consider is getting a receiving agent in Belize City (or wherever your goods are going to) to get them thru Customs. I use Mr. Oscar Ramos, and he has always given me good service at a reasonable price. Once you get your goods thru Customs, you then need to consider how to get your things to their final destination. Your receiving agent will be able to help you with this, as most agents also have connections with trucking companies. Benny at Hyde can give you contact information for Mr. Ramos and other receiving agents in Belize City. Good luck.

I didn't hear too many good things about Hyde. Heard Reynolds was good

I am unfamiliar with Reynolds. Do you have details on the company, such as where they are located and where they ship to (Belize City and/or Big Creek)? Thanks.

Reynolds Shipping is located in Los Angeles.  They have containers trucked from LA to Houston, then shipped to Belize City.  Great people to work with.  You can find more info at reynoldsshipping.com
The Belize end is handled by Marage Shipping.  They get everything in the container cleared through Customs so no need for an additional customs broker.  They are located in Corozal Town but they do make some limited deliveries to other areas.