Bringing Food Items into Belize - Does anyone have advice

Hello all!  Does anyone have any advice on bringing things like spices, oils, vinegar into the country.  My husband and I are moving to Gales Point in May and I would like to bring this stuff rather than through it out.  Especially my spice collection which is quite large.

Check this site for import permits and licences.
http://www.belize.org/tiz/trading-information

Hi
We get a "permit " to bring in food items. It will cost you BZ $ 25.00  Most of the BAHA (Agency like USDA) people like to see a paper.
I have been told importing small amount of food (nothing live -like seeds) is allowed.
You can ship through shipping company. BAHA is supposed to check it. You can also mail it -usually no checking
Hope this helps

Thanks for the responses - we have a plan in place now with our custom's agent.

You are correct to bring your spices.  the choices here are limited.  Having lived in the Caribbean before coming to Belize, I knew to bring mine.   Since these are for your personal use and not for re-sale you do not need a permit etc.  Just put them in a plastic tote and ship with the other things you wish to ship.  Or when I took things to Aruba, I put them in a suitcase and checked them through.   Nothing lasts well in our hot humid climate here.   Anything that yu wish to preserve will need refrigeration or freezing.   The choices for oils here is good.  There are a few stores that will carry flavored vinegars.

Thanks for the response.  I did some other research as well and I think as long as I don't get carried away I should fine to bring at least my spice collection in.  We are busily buying lots of plastic, watertight totes and I guess we will be buying more than one refrigerator when we arrive.  Thinking that will keep things better overall and keep the bugs out as well.