Long distance relationships suck !! :(

I broke up with my fiancé a week ago and now I'm in a terrible condition.
It's all started on that website called interpals.net that where I met my first love when he post something silly about my pic on march 19 2012 and since then we were really close friends talking for hours all day and never got bored from each other I opened up for the first time to him and told him about lots of secrets and things related to sexual harassment and such…at that time I couldn't trust any man but he was the first man I trust him ..
He is an American living in Philadelphia and I'm an Egyptian living in egypt … Really long distance but it wasn't a big deal at all to us at that time he told me he loves me in August 2012 and since then we were really good couple and distance is nothing for them,,,he had some troubles with his family and he was going to move to egypt so we can start our life together ,,,
At January he finally was able to come and see me for the first time and I'm not gonna lie it was so awkward at first but that's was normal ,,after time we got used to each other and begin to act like normal couple …
And then we got engaged on Feburary 2013 and it was amazing we were so happy that it become official ,,,I had faced lots of things just to convince my parents to do that cause it's not normal here for an Egyptian girl to marry a foreigner specially someone she only knew from a website …
At the middle of Feburary he went back to US and he never told his parents that he got engaged ,, I was kinda hurt because of that but I didn't show him that ,,,he told me when I move in after couple of months to egypt then it'll be more acceptable to tell his parents ,, so I agree on that at that time…
During our relationship we had lots of ups and downs like any couple and the distance between us was horrible and make things worse…
He wanted to study medicine in egypt and I was ok with that but not ok with my parents cuz they told me how is gonna spend money on you when you guys get married if he is still a student and medicine school here take 7 years!!…and I convinced them it'll be ok after long time ,,,and secretly told him to apply and see if he will get accepted and he did in July but they rejected him ..
And he asked me to search for a job for him and I did lots of things till I was able to find him a good job as a teacher in egypt with good salary ,,, and I told him that's enough comeback I miss you and be was like soon we will be together..
I did everything I could to be with him and I had lots of fights with everyone ..
My parents at first didn't want us to Skype and video chat and he was mad about it but after a month I was able to convince my parents that it's my right to do that with my fiancé … And they agreed finally.
And when I told him about that I was so happy but he nevered Skype with me !!
And two weeks ago I was going to a vacation with my family and friends and before I travel I told him I miss you so much and he told me I miss you too really,,, I told him comeback I'm having terrible time here without you…he told me just enjoy your vacation and I'll figure something out….
Once I arrived back home he texted me like sorry we can't be together anymore and I can't keep pretending that I'm happy anymore …
I was like why ? He told me cuz of ur parents … I surprised like what?! He told me they are making things hard on us and that pulled me back from you slowly…
All of that in his imagination my parents love him now and even buy him things and such..they were only making things hard on us like only a month after the engagement that's all…

But he just gave up on us that easily and that's really broke my heart now…I can't believe I trust someone like him that can't take responsibility and give up that easily …
I told him its just because of distance and we will be alright when you come here again and we spend more time together but he was like sorry…

I spend this week in a terrible state crying all the time and still crying and can't believe that love can disappear like that …

Easy come, easy go!

Hi Maro 123.   I'm so sorry for the pain you're suffering.  Just give him some time and space.  Usually after a time you will know where you stand.

Good luck
Sandra

Dear, it's so hard these relationships. My bf is Egyptian and I'm Spanish and I know his family will not like me and yes, it takes your heart away, but still I will do many things to be with him. If your guy wasn't able to deal with the situation, even when YOU succeeded to convince your parents, then my advice is just to forget, as he doesn't seem to be meant for you.
It's hard for us, foreigners, to wait for family to accept but the hardest part is for you, egyptians, who have to deal the issue, and I think that deserves a lot of respect and patience for you.
So come up and if he wants to come back, he will, but just don't be sad and waiting, cause you deserve something good :)

Well, it time since u wrote the post and hope things are better now

Same terrible depressed mood :( nothing changed since that ....only that he arrived today to egypt :/
Like now he comes to my country after he broke up with me online :( ... I don't like that...like doesn't want me to forget about him and just keep suffering :/...

Maro123 wrote:

Same terrible depressed mood :( nothing changed since that ....only that he arrived today to egypt :/
Like now he comes to my country after he broke up with me online :( ... I don't like that...like doesn't want me to forget about him and just keep suffering :/...

Well done,,u have him back!!!sounds great.

No he doesn't come back for me really... I just know accidentally from him that he will just come cuz he had enough from his family and his country that's it...

Maro123 wrote:

No he doesn't come back for me really... I just know accidentally from him that he will just come cuz he had enough from his family and his country that's it...

Maro,,,just relax,,,it is just an excuse,,,i am sure he loves you!!!just timing.

Honestly, just relax and if he is yours, u will have him

I'm even more stressed knowing that he is in the same country but he didn't contacted me or anything :/ ...I think I'll never meet him again really cuz I know him ....plus his ex before me is Egyptian and living here and he is still friends with her till now ... So I'm not really positive like you guys :(

Then be over it and life goes ....

Hard to just move on that easily :( but I'm trying...

Oh very sry dia, but just put this in your mind that life has to go on with or with out him. Just pray for him such a thing never to happens to him and God knows how to pay such people.

Maro 123 ...Are you an Egyptian lady (Muslim )?

If you are ! you must know this man is not for you ,if he was / is then god will find a way for you to be together ... To be honest with you I think he has played you ...

elimay wrote:

Maro 123 ...Are you an Egyptian lady (Muslim )?

If you are ! you must know this man is not for you ,if he was / is then god will find a way for you to be together ... To be honest with you I think he has played you ...

Yea I'm a Muslim Egyptian girl and I believe in destiny and I'm sure he wasn't meant to be with me and I'm just moving on now thank god ..

E

Elimay is right, different cultures and  tradition, he has played you, you will get over it.

Agree with sandrasmith u should give ur self sometime i hope all good for u and im in hurghada now if u want any help or anyone im like big brother hope the good for all :)

No wonder my dear this story happen every day thousands of times but in deferent ways but in the same result ..it was not your parents it was him he got enough of this relationship and had to leave it ...you been honest innocent but he was just player ...the imagination world of net  how many stories started and how many stories end up
I was there my dear in your shoe and she was Californian girl
You were lucky enough to know early and  you should be happy you knew directly from him it is over not like me just disappeared from my life with no word after I prepare every thing for wedding challenge the world for her did my best with my family to agree and bless this marriage sold my  share business to afford her the good life standard when she come  bought her the wedding dress and kept a lot of surprises for her before she come and she just escape for ever never answer my calls never reply my text I was dying every day can not believe she is player my sick mind show me deferent can not accept it
It was the worst time ever for me and one day and night end up like crazy can not believe it ...but I managed to move on and forget about past as I done every thing as real man and was sure she will appear one day ..and that happened after two years come crying with bullshit excuses and asking forgiveness but it was too late my heart never be the same any more and even she became in my eyes deferent ..life show me how I was blind eyes and mind and all remain there for her inside me just pity ..thank god my dear and move on
The one easy let you go never worthy to even think about for a moment
Real love can beat any hardship only in one case if the both were true
One of you guys was true other was just player and that will never exist
Move on and wipe your tears one day he will be regret but it would be always too late ..best of luck

These are such sad stories but as immigrant says things always work out for the best. Hold your head high and get on with your life honey and things will get better I.can assure you. I hope you meet your true love so soon.

Hi
Im so sorry that things didn't work out for you with your boyfriend but  try not to feel so sad :)
It seems that you have very supportive parents who love and care for you
Long distance relationships are very hard  you are not only dealing with the distance
but also two different lifestyles and cultures I know that you feel so unhappy now
but there is  the perfect man out there for you and enchalla you will meet him very soon

AND I just want to add one last thing
not all long distance relation ships fail
I am proof of this :)

layla abouzid wrote:

AND I just want to add one last thing
not all long distance relation ships fail
I am proof of this :)

I am away from home for 6 months or more from my wife and our 3 children. The relationship has stood the test of time but I have friends whose has not.

Long distance relationship need Trust and Patience

Mohamed Haggag wrote:

Long distance relationship need Trust and Patience

i made a third and final distance relationship , other two gone with the wind
but bec of love i like to make it work this time,
i think love make push you to do the move of making ( a non distanced).
happy to talk here for the first time.

i would like to comment on what you said since you had the bravery of telling it.

He searched for the reason to make the problem that will help him escaping the relationship. so he choosed from the way of your parents at the start, i totally agree with u  about that not normal in egypt. So he should have had appreciate such a thing from your family that they have agreed, that is mean they are negotiable people. Why then he is so nerviouse about your family is making you pshed away from him. Really; I think he is goung to marry you not your family, if he man up sorry to say that but he shoud man up and come ask your hand.

About he and the medicine school, sorry my friend that is total fraud cause no amerians come here to learn medicine , its the other way around. Even if he told, u and he processed in that. I know the americans teachers in egypt take good salary that shoud have had motivated him to come and see you.

so from the above, i conclude he just had for himself a time with you and he was plainning when to exit.

sorry , but this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth,