Fire flies show in KL

I am dying to see this amazing show but am unable to find details, location, timings for it. Please tell me the details and spot where I can see it. While coming back from Genting highlands I had read on the way insect show, is it the same one ! Thanks

They are available at several locations:

Here is an itinerary for a tour with details of the fireflies at the end.  I think you have to be on a boat to see it, so taking a formal tour may be the best option.

http://www.kualalumpurtraveltour.com/tr … /index.php

Kuala Selangor
The journey from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Selangor takes about 1 œ hours. Kuala Selangor has the largest firefly colonies in the world. Throughout the way you can see palm oil trees, coconut and rubber trees, cows grazing grass and locally owned pottery kiln, road side fruit stalls and rickety general stalls.

You will then pay a visit to Bukit Melawati (Fort Altingsburg). The hilltop view offers a sweeping view of Straits of Malacca and the mangrove swamps of Kuala Selangor. A bird sanctuary park at the foot of Bukit Melawati is an ideal place for bird watchers. Silver-Leafed monkeys normally hang around for peanuts given by the visitors. The Silver Leafed baby monkeys have golden fur as compared to the adults with dull-ashen grey fur.

Next, we proceed to Pasir Penambang in Kuala Selangor, situated on the bank of Selangor River, which has amazing history and is well known for its fresh seafood. This is a place for dinner. At the restaurant, you can see the fisherman boat passing by and also view the sunset.

Our last stop is to see fireflies by night at Kampung Pasir Penambang. It is a small agricultural village and is widely known for its large firefly colonies. While enjoying a pleasant boat ride in the Selangor River, its noted the fireflies consistently patronized the serenity of the mangrove areas.

:

Pick-up from any major hotel in Kuala Lumpur

:

Proceed to Kuala Selangor town in the quiet hamlet of Kampung Pasir Penambang. It is one of the largest firefly colonies in the world.

:

Upon arrival at Kuala Selangor, visit Bukit Melawati – The hilltop view offers a sweeping view of Straits of Malacca and the mangrove swamps of Kuala Selangor Nature Park. Also found there are Silver-Leafed monkeys and food will be provided for feeding of the monkeys.

:

Seafood Dinner / Vegetarian food served upon request (Halal food is served). This is a good place to view sunset.

:

Proceed back to Kampung Pasir Penambang, the place where you can see fireflies. The mangrove trees lining the river banks glow after dusk like Christmas trees. Witness the light and glow of the fireflies while enjoying a pleasant boat ride in the Selangor River. It is noted the fireflies consistently patronized the serenity of the mangrove areas.

:

Drive back to Kuala Lumpur.

Optional visit: Eagle Feeding - 45 minutes boar ride; per person RM 40.00 ■Type of eagle ■Brahminy Kite - Helang Merah
■Crested Serpent Eagle - Helang Indek
■White Bellied Sea-Eagle - Helang Siput