I am looking for the best price to insure a car registered in England

Hello everybody,

I must buy a car registered in England ; before materialize my purchase, I must find an english insurance which can offer me the best price/quality ratio.

Can somebody help me ?

Thank you in advance

Stéphane

Hello Stéphane,

Try this comparison website moneysupermarket.com/car-insurance/.

All the best,

Familytolondon

The lowest legal insurance level is "Third party only".
You must have that to drive on UK roads but it only provides cover for people you injure or whatever you crash into.
It does not cover you or your vehicle.

After that it's, Third party, fire and theft.
That covers other people, if the car catches fire and if the car is stolen.

Comprehensive insurance covers everything, including you and your car.

The only way to check prices is ring around the various companies.
I stopped using local brokers because they were far too unreliable and, in some cases, positively corrupt.

Thank you for your response Mas Fred,

could you give me names of good companies able to insure an Audi A6 or A8 (with a very big mileage) for a good price not too high ?

I should have mentioned; watch out for the excess.
That's the money the insurance company won't pay out in any claim.
If your excess is 1,000 pounds, a claim of 1,200 pounds will see a payment of just 200 pounds.
Excess is variable depending on the deal you agree to.

As for companies; you just have to ring around.

http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction … omplete=kw

The Audi A6/A8 is an expensive car with a big engine.
Even an old, cheap and beat up one is likely to cost a small fortune to insure.

You'll probably need deep pockets for that thing but don't be tempted to drive without insurance.
The PNC keeps records of insurance as well as tax so, even so much as being checked by a motorway average speed camera will result in a large fine or worse.
The car is commonly crushed if it's driven without insurance.
You will also be metaphorically crushed at losing the car and the large fine you'll get.

For sure, I shall pay an insurance for the car.

I know how dangerous it is to drive without any insurance.

As you see, I don't know exactly how it works in UK about many things.

I will need also to use a trailer behind the car ; In France, we use the same identity as the car for the trailer and we don't pay anything more for insuring the trailer. Is it the same thing in UK ?

I thank you for your help.

Be aware that if you are new to driving in the UK, the cost of insurance each year will be many times as much as the cost of your car. If you are concerned about cost, I suggest you get yourself a bicycle instead. British cities have good public transport, and there is no need for anyone to drive a car.