Car insurance (left hand drive car and EU driving licence)

I am considering moving to London (upon request of my employer) and would like to take my left hand drive car with me.  Whilst registering my car in the UK seems to be rather easy, it proves to be difficult to find/obtain proper car insurance for someone with a left hand drive car and an EU driving licence (issued in Belgium).

I understand that I can exchange my Belgian driving licence for a UK one, but I am wondering whether someone has been in a similar situation and can recommend a particular (reliable) insurance company that would be willing to accept coverage.

Thank you.

Arne,

I believe all the insurance companies would load an extra Percentage of premium on top because your car is a LHD.

It will be very inconvenient and many times unsafe  in the country lanes and on motorways to drive a LHD car in the UK.

Unless you are thinking of returning to Belgium in 1 to 2 years, I do not suggest it is worth the trouble and the hassle, UK offers some very good bargains in used cars ( specially in the North, Yorkshire and Lancashire), be practical, do not fall in love with your old car!