Living in the suburbs of London ??? need some info

Hello everyone,

I would need some information , I would like to move to England and to work in London, but its really hard to find something to rent with my budget in London; I would like to know if there is or nearby suburbs that are connected by public transport like metro, is there a London line that has a suburb terminus ? a line I can take every day to reach my workplace in london ?

Hope you will understand my message ...

thanks for answers and good luck to everyone

You need to find a job first. Only then will you know what your budget is and where you can afford to live. In any case you cannot move to the UK unless you have a definite job offer as your work visa must be arranged before your move. There are many underground and overground lines radiating outwards into the suburbs so that is not a problem.

Hello, I already know my budget I was just asking informations about the suburbs of London, and I'm also a French citizen I can go to UK anytime I want so it's not a problem, thanks

Have you tried looking at the train lines?

For example I live in Surrey and trains from Guildford or Woking take about half an hour to reach Waterloo station.

Maye worth looking into.

Bonne chance!

All London suburbs have good transport links to the centre. West London is generally nicer than East and North is often nicer than South but there are great, safe places to live in all directions. Putney/Wimbledon is a great place to start looking if you're not familiar with London at all.

Most cities in the so-called "home counties" (the regions immediately surrounding the Greater London metropolitan area) also have direct links to central London, and many people living quite far outside London commute to the city for work every day.

Dont overlook some of the out-of-London places such as St Albans or Hatfield.  I live in St Albans and the train to Kings Cross St Pancras takes only 22 minutes.  But if you are interested, check out the season ticket on the train because that is high, and only you will know whether that is in your price range and also whether Kings Cross would be close to your job.

Good morning!

Some people travel vast distances to come to work in London. However, as you do not have a specific job, I might suggest you consider working in an area other than central London. We're a wonderful country and if you truly wish to learn about England, I would think you could find much more away from the city that serves as a landing point for every immigrant from around the world.

May I please ask, what is your profession? If you will share this information, perhaps I or some other member could offer an idea of where you might consider moving to.

I live on the south coast of England, in East Sussex. It's a beautiful area and easily accessible to France, via Eurostar, or the ferry.

Try starting your British work experience outside of London, then work your way towards the big city.  I worked in central London for years, but lived next to Heathrow Airport. The commute wasn't bad, but the daily exhaustion and the growing cost of the commute, plus the time it took out of the joy of living, did take a toll on my quality of life.

Most importantly, mon ami, do not forget the most appropriate French proverb: Métro, boulot, dodo!

Je vous souhaite du succès!

Father Bill Haymaker+

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links not allowed on the forum

Unfortunately all of London is expensive but look at the tube map, maybe the Northern Line might get you far enough out. be careful though, transport is also expensive

Thank you all for your help !  :top:

First of all-- whoever suggested Putney & Wimbleton--that is quite an expensive area.
Secondly, no one has mentioned Wiod Green. It's one of the last affordable places left in London and is right on the Piccadilly line in zone 3.

hello ninna , how  r you , wht would you like to know ..aabout jobs in london , about having accommodation near all amenites ..thnk you .awaiting to hear from you my freind xx