Info on places to rent a house in Nairobi

Hi,

My husband and I will be moving to Nairobi in early October. Could someone advise us on which location we should look for comfortable 2 bedroom houses to rent preferably within a 10 minute radius of:

Chiromo / Wetlands Ring Road (Near Caltex)
Westlands, Nairobi

We are Indians and would love to be in a place with some familiar faces around :)

Looking forward to responses,

Cheers,
Sedzia

Hi Sedzia
Welcome to Expat.com.
Two bedroom flat in westlands would cost you around 1000 - 1500 USD unfurnished. If you are lucky enough you M=might get Semi furnished on this price.
Best way to find your Place in Nairobi is through Agent or Notices placed on Sarit Mall on Westlands where you will find a notice board which says about available Flat/ House in Nairobi. Parkland is comparatively cheaper then westlands area, you might get a good deal in Parklands starting from 800 - 1200 Usd per month.
You can even opt for Raphta Road Area , Spring Valley or BrookSide but these places are prety expensive but as I said by luck or by chance you might get a good deal on these location aswell. All these locations which I mentioned above you will find lot of people from Indian Community. But I would suggest its always good to interact with other community people also.

I hope this information is enough for you.

Do let me know if any other information is required, Inbox me with your contact details, so that if any other specific information you need, we can talk on Ph.

Cheerz!!!

Hi Sedzia,

You should post an advert in the Houses for rent in Nairobi please as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thank you Rohit:)

Of course we look forward to meeting new people and thank you so much for the information. It was very helpful:)

cheers,

sedzia

Thanks Max:) Just want to understand the lay of the land :) not looking for houses now. Will put up the ad later on.

cheers

sedzia