Gated communities in Nairobi

Dears, do any one have any experience with the price of renting an apartment in a  gated compound in Nairobi

Hi Asamy12,
gated communities are safe,quiet,clean and more pricy than the ordinary homes.The price will depend on where do you want to stay, what part of nairobi assuming u want to move to nairobi?,how many bedrooms,do you want a townhouse or an apartment?contact me on +254728530944 and i will help you get a place.
regards,Susan

Yes I do. I am a real estate agent based in Nairobi. Please direct any particular queries you have to me any time.
Best Regards............
Jackson Gachiri Mathenge.

hi, most gated communities are not apartments and they are stand alone maisonettes,price depends on location and size. Gated communities are safe,convenient and have a lot of communal facilities i.e swimming pool,children play grounds, parks etc. i m a realtor and i would be of assistance. kindly direct any queries to me and i would be happy to help.
kind regards,
Nick.

westgate in valley arcade was a nice n safe place that i stayed at n i paid 45,000/mth for a studio including the gym; very very safe

so just google westgate apartments coz i dont have the number

It is most usual to find properties that are in gated compounds - these are either single houses or apartment blocks.  more recently, there have been out of town developments of large gated communities consisting of streets of houses, sometimes with other facilities (golf course, gym, hotel), where the whole community is securely fenced, but properties inside may not have individual compounds.

Prices vary widely depending upon location, type of property etc.  Its best to do a thorough internet search and ensure that you are available for viewings.  Rentals in the better parts of Nairobi are very high - even by international standards and some landlords will demand quarterly, or more in terms of deposit and up front payments.  This appears to be a response to a history of poor/non payment of rent.

Here are a couple of links to get you started.

http://www.villacarekenya.comhttp://www.ryden.co.ke/properties_let.php