Cost of living in Bordeaux

Hi- I am a single American and want to leave the US. I have several destinations on my list including Budapest for what appears to be its cheap cost of living. Bordeaux has been recommended to me by my French tennis coach. I studied in Provence a long time ago and love France and wonder about the cost of renting a flat. I also want to be able to play tennis about 6 days a week. Does anyone know about the tennis facilities in the area and their cost?
Thanks for your help.

Howdy,

Bordeaux is a lovey city and it has heaps to offer... the fact that it's not Paris has major things going for it in the cost of living.

We had a small 1 bedroom appartment in Bordeaux Bastide just across the river (15mins walk into town, right near a tram stop) and we were paying €470 per month. This didn't include electricity, water, etc... around €100 per month.

If you were looking to rent an apartment in the centre of the city it will depend on where you look.

Places like les Chartrons, St. Michel where once were the seedy areas are now considered trendy and therefore will cost more.

It really depends on how much you have to spend... For a studio expect to pay around €350 and up. For a T2 (One bedroom and living room) perhaps around €450-500 and up.

Don't play tennis myself but my squash games cost around €6.50 for the hour.

More useful info: http://bordeauxexpats.blogspot.com/