Lille or lyon?

Hi everybody,

I'm planning to come in France in fall 2015 to begin a PhD degree. My choice to speak english though I'm french speaking is due to the fact, be fluent in english is compulsory to begin the courses. I need to be advised whether Lille or Lyon is a better  city to study. So let me know your view point.

Lyon is for foodies.......Paul Bocuse, et al........

I've actually been to Lille and Lyon, and I think they are both wonderful. Both have a large student population and are major cities in France.

If you want a city that feels more like Belgium, where there are beautiful Flemish-inspired buildings but in a very French atmosphere and lots of gray, moody skies (which I think are fabulous) and hearty, filling, delicious French food,  then Lille is your best bet.

If you want a city that feels more like a cross between Paris and Madrid that is renowned for its cuisine, has a warm and sunny climate for a decent amount of the year, and has a relaxed atmosphere, then Lyon is your best bet. I also found the student community to be more active and lively in Lyon.

Personally, I would prefer to live/study in Lyon over Lille, but I think that Lille is also wonderful and you would have a great experience there too (you might get a bit more studying done since it's not very sunny, actually). It all depends on the individual and their personality and preferences.

Thank you very much,
As I prefer quiet places, I'm thinking I'll choose Lille. What about accommodation? Can you give me any tips or hints ( I don't know the suitable word)?
Thanks

i would go for lille :)

I have chosen IESEG school of management. I would like to know if there is anybody who works in the field of marketing analytics and data sciences in the forum.
Thanks